A number of issues after an attempted repair by the user:
- Windows search doesn't function; it comes back with a class not registered error
- It has an incomplete programs list
- Programs indicate they uninstalled, but they are not.
- There are still some items, PUPs, that are detected on scans
- It's fairly obvious by some of the installed programs that they may have used CCleaner, MalwareBytes(Premium Trial installed0, HitmanPro installed locally, and this may have caused some of the problems with improper usage.
The amount of user data and applications seems minimal, and would appear easy to backup.
Is it worth going through a malware removal and fixes, at this point, or better to return the PC to factory state. It appears that the restore partition is intact.
Thanks for all of the help.