Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help me fix epson bx305-fw scanner belt

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 panthera0404

panthera0404

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:10 PM

I have a printer epson bx305fw, and belt from the scanner fell off. Below I enclose a picture.
I fix everything but i just can not put this little spring back into the place. i attach a printer service manual, it is a picture number 3 on the right.
So how can i put this little spring, please help how to fix it. :(

Manual

picture of broken parts

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,737 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:05 PM

My apologies - I replied to  this topic a week ago but either I forgot to hit the 'Post' button or my post got lost !

Looking at P3, this spring is obviously responsible for keeping the belt attached to the traveling light carriage and there should be a small peg on the underside of the carriage which the spring fits around. If this peg has snapped off it should be lying there somewhere and superglue may fix it.

If that doesn't work, I note that the light carriage is not a spare supported by Epson so you can't order a replacement. These leaves you with three possibilities -

One, see if you can find a scrap one to cannibalize a light carriage off.

Two, use a separate flat bed scanner

Three, replace the printer.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users