Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Fan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DHL

DHL

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 12 June 2006 - 04:50 PM

My Pc details as follows: Win XP Pro Sp2

Forgive my ignorance but not really sure if it the topic matter is the correct topic but I am getting a whirring sound from my PC intermittently to put it mildy. (almost constantly at times) To me it appears as though my fan is running nonstop and I am of the opinion the fan should only activate when the PC reaches high temp and when it cools down then it should turn off.
If that is the case it certainly not happening.

Hopefully my dilemna is appreciated and I am wondering if any help in an effort to solve this problem is forthcoming. Please bear in mind that my PC Knowledge is very basic.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stu G

Stu G

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 12 June 2006 - 05:40 PM

Hi

Well if it is your CPU fan it should always be active, this seems to be the case most of the time. It could be that if it is the original CPU fan it is faulty, worn out it is just a noisy fan..like my Stock Intel one was which came with my CPU. My intel stock fan was running at 1200rmp which created alot of noise so i bought a better fan, the freezer 7 which sits at 800rpm, only increasing fan speed as the load on cpu increase to cool it down.

I have one question, in general use is your pc running slowly or slower than you would expect? If so there may be a process using up your CPU time, slowing down your computer and making your fan speed up.

If you can find out the manufacture and model of your motherboard, there may be a program you can use to keep an eye on fan speeds and cpu temperatures etc... I use "Intel Desktop utilities"
Stu G
Ada95,Java,C ANSI,C++,C♯,ASP.NET,JavaFX!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users