Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot add printer object to AD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hansb1

hansb1

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:05 AM

I have created 2 printers with MMC Print management with server 2012 standard.
The printers have the share name PFPR1 and PFPR2 in the tab share of properties.
The server is PFVS1.

I've tried to create a new printer object in AD with users and computers under and OU with the network path \\PFVS1\PFPR1 en \\PFVS1\PFPR2

I get the error message:"the printer qeueu for object \\PFSV1\PFPR1 cannot be created because the printname is invalid"

I have tried to select " list in the directory" to automatically create an object under computers in AD but that doesn't work.I get no message in event viewer.

For the printer PFPR1 there is a filterGPO to setup a share on the client and on the windows 8 client in devices and printers the PFPR1 on Pfvs1 is available. So the share works.

How can I create an object in AD?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hansb1

hansb1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:09 AM

The problem was on both printer objects.
I've searched the AD with find to the printer objects and I've find them. So "list in the directory" has worked. I thought it would create an object under computers but find says me it has created an object under
domain controllers/PFSV1.But that is my server object.
I can't see a printer object under it!I can't even look under it. How can I see my printer object in AD?

#3 hansb1

hansb1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:01 PM

stupid from my side:I have to select the server in the left tree of the AD then I see the printer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users