Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another explorer.exe high CPU post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Boog403

Boog403

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:08 AM

Hi, my first time seeking help through a forum although I've been troubleshooting/solving all my problems from browsing through them for years. I see a lot of explorer.exe posts with cpu running high but notice that the solution seems to be somewhat dependent on the individual. I've got two explorer.exe running in my task manager and one seems to be running at 800000k-1000000k in memory. I know that I need to post logs of some sort but not exactly sure what you need. I did download AdwCleaner and I ran it but accidentally closed the log. Still it runs high. Please help! I'll be on for a while. Thank you in advance.

Edited by hamluis, 29 October 2014 - 10:28 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 syrius01

syrius01

• Banned Spammer
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:44 AM

Hi Boog403,

Did AdwCleaner found something suspect running on your computer ?

#3 Boog403

Boog403
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

Thank you for the reply Syrius! I ran the AdwCleaner again and I was able to run the microsoft updates on my computer and for some reason everything seems to be running fine at the moment which is amazing. :bananas: I've ran ccleaner, malwarebytes, and done the microsoft updates several times to no success but now it's working. I'll keep an eye on it and see if there's any changes and post if the status turns. My apologies for the false alarm.

#4 Boog403

Boog403
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:51 PM

Found out that specifically some of my service pack updates such as the ones for IE10 had been failing and finally were able to update after I ran AdwCleaner. Don't know why but I see that they updated this morning successfully. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users