Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yosemite

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:52 AM

Reading some reports on the OS free upgrade and many are totally un-happy and having problems after upgrading to Yosemite. One of the main problems is with wifi, people cannot connect no matter what they try. I am, Rapidly loosing faith in Apple myself.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 staygold512

staygold512

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:16 AM

I find people rarely post online to report when everything is working fine. I also consider, there might be 20 people in a discussion forum complaining about the same issue, but if the adoption rate is tens of thousands or millions, it puts it more in perspective. 

That said, one might find it great insight to a possible trend. 

#3 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:40 AM

Yes staygold512 I agree with what you say, however the reason I posted what reviews I read on Yosemite was for the purpose to have people read up requirements etc before attempting to do the upgrade. My Mac Book Air is on the border line with specs so I am going to give it a miss. Out of interest if you have a Mac or Ipad etc have you upgraded without problems. I have to admit I am not up with Mac products only having been using them for a few months after being a Microsoft user for many years so it is taking me time to get the hang of using Apple.

Anyway good luck.

#4 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,620 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

@Beel, I certainly do appreciate you shedding some light about preparation before upgrading to Yosemite.  Whether an OS upgrade is Apple or Microsoft, the greater the sharing in a forum about any potential hick-ups with an upgrade, the better the over-all end success.  Thank you! :clapping:

#5 staygold512

staygold512

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:03 AM

@beel did a little research into this and you might be on to something with 10.10 having issues with wifi. Thanks for the heads up.

As far as loosing faith, I've been impressed with how quick Apple developers are to address bugs. 

#6 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 715 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:09 PM

The last time I upgraded OS X on my Mac, I first installed it on a cloned bootable external drive to see if there were any kind of glitches that would affect the use of my Mac and software. It seems that the last few 10.x.x upgrades have had bugs that created problems for the early adopters. It's better to wait for the .2 or .3 updates before upgrading OS X.

#7 techgeek88

techgeek88

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:11 PM

I haven't had any issues with Yosemite at all, neither with iOS8 (short of 8.0.1 which I luckily missed)....doesn't mean they are not out there though. I'm running old and new hardware. I love Continuity, which has been flawless for me.

I always recommend for most people to wait for .1 of anything though...maybe .2 if it's your main machine. I have never had trouble being an early adopter though. I even beta tested Yosemite with no trouble.

-Austin-

Specializing in Windows OS-level troubleshooting, repair, and support

"They might call it the cloud but it is, in fact, just someone else’s computer.”  - Mark Russinovich

#8 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:19 PM

One of the reasons that when I do any major upgrade, I clone my drive before the upgrade so that I can revert to before the upgrade if I have problems.

I also tend to wait a while before upgrading as it allows others to find Apple's or Microsoft's bugs in the new OS.   :grinner:

I will also note that for my one Mac I kind of have to wait to upgrade until a new print driver is available for the main printer in the office. Upgrading to Yosemite won't do me a whole lot of good if I cannot print!   :lol:

#9 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:48 PM

Update: Keeping an eye on various Apple sites re the latest Yosemite upgrade forums there are some that have no problems at all with the upgrade, but from what I have read there are far more who are experiencing big troubles of various kinds. Apple to me doesn't seem to be the OS system it once was since Steve sadly passed away. I for one have no intentions at all of updating to Yosemite. But as I said some are happy but many are not so I will give it a miss.

#10 Genex17

Genex17

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:12 PM

If you have Adobe software, be warned users of Photoshop CS5 are running into problems with the upgrade damaging the install.

You may want to proceed with caution especially if your business depends on your Adobe software up and running.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop?view=discussions

Gene

Edited by Genex17, 30 November 2014 - 10:15 PM.

#11 Khaleesi_Vee

Khaleesi_Vee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:27 AM

Did you know about this lawsuit against Apple Inc?

I saw this &  I think I might qualify.

http://ezrd.me/r/?rd=083K6Ofm

:warrior:

#12 K.kent

K.kent

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:53 PM

Earlier, when I upgraded MacBook Pro from Mavericks to Yosemite then I faced many issues. Even WiFi connection was also dropping out continuously. But I got the solution to get rid from this issue.

Go to ‘Keychain access’ area and locate ‘Wireless Network‘. Now, double click on this network. Once you double click on it, two tabs will be shown here (Attributes & Access Control)

Go to ‘Access Control’ tab and ‘tick’ the check box “allow all applications to access this item”

Once you are done with the above mentioned steps, try to access WiFi connection. It will be resolved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users