Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavillion DV6300 - Window 7

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 doriitozkid

doriitozkid

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:36 AM

Hi,
Not sure if this is the right section, apologies if it isn't.

I have a HP Pavillion DV6300 running windows 7 that i just put a new screen in and checked the fan wasn't clogged - problem hasn't arised from those issues but has been present before this fix.

My laptop seems to be running extremely hot, so hot it burns to touch it at points and the fan goes crazy loud - im stumped as to why
I am having an issue making an update - but the problem was still present before this issue.

I am running a 3rd party theme - nothing heavy, no programs needed to have this theme activated etc

291ktux.png

My computer is also running extremaly slow - i have had 4gb of ram run quicker than what my laptop runs.

All genuine windows and microsoft also.

Edited by hamluis, 29 October 2014 - 11:01 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doriitozkid

doriitozkid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:56 AM

bump

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,926 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:46 AM

There was a class-action suit on the HP and Dell computers because of overheating due to defective GPU's and chipsets. I am not sure if your model is included though. It would have to have an Nvidia GPU but I believe yours may not because you have an intel processor.

Does the computer overheat with the battery out? There was a recall for batteries due to overheating. The 6300 is listed further down on the page.

#4 doriitozkid

doriitozkid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:10 AM

I have not taken the battery out and tried, i know it must be connected to a charger because the battery does not hold charge though

Is there any way i can fix this issue for cheap? Buying a new laptop is out of my budget, but i do have the skillset to install better parts.

Upon further checks, my battery is not affected by the recall list/serial number, i have used laptops with intel processors before without an issue like this.

I should also mention i have paid for a clean in a computer shop to guarantee it wasn't dirty/dusty.

Edited by doriitozkid, 23 October 2014 - 08:16 AM.

#5 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,612 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:24 AM

Please run the laptop without the battery

Run www.speccy.com and report back on what's running hot and what temperatures are

#6 doriitozkid

doriitozkid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:30 AM

Laptop is running at its coolest upon taking this image, i am starting to think its a case of the battery. Will take another image when it spikes again. I should also make mention it is on the left hand side it gets extremly hot, the fan is on this side and charging port on the opposite. Fan is cleanfydhle.jpg

Edited by doriitozkid, 23 October 2014 - 08:33 AM.

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,926 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

Because you had the computer cleaned, I am not sure what other thing can be done other than to use a cooling pad. Other people on the Forum with more experience with these may be able to recommend a partiticular model. I would stay with those that had the best reviews from customers.

Edit: Because your battery does not hold a charge, it's possible it overheats because you are trying to charge through a dead battery. Maybe I am wrong though.

Edited by JohnC_21, 23 October 2014 - 08:36 AM.

#8 doriitozkid

doriitozkid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:36 AM

Thanks for the help, much appreciated. Will look into a cooling pad :)

#9 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,612 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:27 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if you will see some higher temperatures when the computer uses system resources to run whatever you normally run on your computer.

You can also call up task manager and view the performance tab

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users