Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Play Game in Full Screen on HD Screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 samarak

samarak

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:40 AM

Hi All,

I tried to look through the forum but didn't find any similar thread. If it exists, please let me know.

Problem:

I have a laptop with widescreen. I am trying to play Age of Empires 2 on it. However, when I start the game, I see black stripes on left and right side of the screen. The game doesn't stretch to cover the entire screen.

Earlier on my old laptop (that was not widescreen) I was able to play this game. I know that this is very old game when laptops were not of HD screen.

Please advise how to fix this.

Other Specs:

Windows 8, 64 bit.

System RAM 4 GB

Onboard graphics card - Intel HD .. <something that I dont remember>

AMD Radeon HD 8670 with 1 GB dedicated RAM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MDSK91

MDSK91

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:09 AM

Hi All,

I tried to look through the forum but didn't find any similar thread. If it exists, please let me know.

Problem:

I have a laptop with widescreen. I am trying to play Age of Empires 2 on it. However, when I start the game, I see black stripes on left and right side of the screen. The game doesn't stretch to cover the entire screen.

Earlier on my old laptop (that was not widescreen) I was able to play this game. I know that this is very old game when laptops were not of HD screen.

Please advise how to fix this.

Other Specs:

Windows 8, 64 bit.

System RAM 4 GB

Onboard graphics card - Intel HD .. <something that I dont remember>

AMD Radeon HD 8670 with 1 GB dedicated RAM

I had the exact same issue. The fix is pretty simple. Open 'Catalyst Control Center' (right click on your desktop then click Graphics Properties) and then you should see something called "Switchable Graphics Method". Open that and tick the option that says "Select the graphics processor manually or based on power source"

Problem solved :-)

#3 samarak

samarak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:55 AM

thanks , problem is resolved now :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users