Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What's Wrong Now?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AmericaWestAirlines

AmericaWestAirlines

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 12 June 2006 - 04:00 PM

Hey,

My computer was working great, running smooth and good, and now all of a sudden when I go to turn it on it gives me a black screen, I wont hear the BIOS beep once like it always does and the floppy to screech. All it displays on the monitor is a black screen with nothing displaying, the orange light on the monitor doesnt want to turn green. Nothing is smelling bad, etc. The neon on the keyboard will usually light up within a few seconds of my turning it on, it doesn't. What the heck is wrong now?

Edited by AmericaWestAirlines, 12 June 2006 - 04:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:31 PM

Open the case, and check to make sure all of the cables are securely fastened.

Exactly what DOES it do when you boot up?
Do you get the POST beep (Single beep) indicating that the motherboard and processor pass the built in test?
Do all the fans come on and the drive lights flash?
Does it just sit there , or does it continue like it is loading windows, with drives flashing etc, just no video?

If no lights at all, probably power supply.
If lights flash and fans spin, but no beep and then it just clicks off, or sits there with no drive activity, then probably processor, or maybe motherboard.
If lights flash, fans spin, single beep , and then the hard drive keeps flashing, probably dead video.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 chadem311

chadem311

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:00 PM

I am having the exact same problem. In fact I just signed up here so I could get help with it. I built my computer, so I know enough to assume it was either the CPU or motherboard. It sure would be nice to narrow it down completely, because Im broke. All lights and fans on, no beeps, no screen, tried two video cards, checked connections, still dead. Must be the prossesor; inadequate cooling perhaps. Maybe I will finally make the switch to 64-bit, and get a mobo+CPU combo. Any other help is appreciated, and good luck bro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users