Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Reboot while playing games.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 F3nrique

F3nrique

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:11 PM

Hi!

I'am not a native english speaker so sorry if you don`t understand something.

Well, this is the thing, i have had this problem for 3 months and i can`t solve it not even the "experts" in my city.

I build a PC with this:

Motherboard:GA-B75M-D3H

RAM: DDR3 1333 8BG

Video Card: GTX 650 OC

HDD: 2Tb

Power Supply: 750W 80Plus

I have change the motherboard, RAM and Video card with new ones  but the probles is still there, everytime i play games like BF3,BF4,Far Cry 3, PvsZ Garden Warfare, Insurgency (especially this) , and other games. the PC will turn off and then will turn on again, the PC re-boot in random times like, iam playing BF4 and 5 minutes later BUM! the PC re-boot, or playing Watch Dogs and 30 minutes later BUM! again, or sometimes will re-boot when i open a game like Insugency, but when i play games like Plant vs Zombies, Halo, and low-end games the PC don't reset. 

What can be? I have tried everything, formating the PC (like 2 times), changing my OS, replasing the parts like i said before and the problem is still here.

The "expert" told that may be problem with the motherboard, that the chipset "B75" doesn't allow me to play, but i used to play all the day and nothing happened in the first 2 month that i have the PC and then the problem just appeared from nowhere. I don`t want to waste money buying an other motherboard if the problem will continue.

Please i want to play again!

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,495 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:10 AM

If this happens only when playing games, the problem is most likely overheating. I suggest a liquid cooling unit that will greatly reduce the CPU temperature. Here is a fast test: open the side of your computer. Place a window fan blowing in at the highest speed. Now play your games; if the rebooting stops, your problem is overheating.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 F3nrique

F3nrique
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:16 AM

If this happens only when playing games, the problem is most likely overheating. I suggest a liquid cooling unit that will greatly reduce the CPU temperature. Here is a fast test: open the side of your computer. Place a window fan blowing in at the highest speed. Now play your games; if the rebooting stops, your problem is overheating.

Overheating is not the problem, sorry i forgot to metion it. The temperature is normal.

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:17 AM

Please follow these instructions and post a snapshot. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/#entry1797792

#5 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,495 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:35 AM

How do you know it is not overheating? Are you running a temp monitor program?  Also, have you had your memory tested, and if so, what did you use?

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#6 syrius01

syrius01

• Banned Spammer
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:47 AM

Please monitor the temperature of your computer with SpeedFan (http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php) and let us know which temperature SpeedFan shows while your game is opened.

#7 F3nrique

F3nrique
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:54 AM

Well yes i have a program is SpeedFan, and well i thing i have never test my memory, Do you guys have a way to do it?

Do you that that is possible that the Chipset is the one that doesn't let me play? (i don't think so i used to play really well the first two months)

Edited by F3nrique, 22 October 2014 - 11:19 AM.

#8 F3nrique

F3nrique
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:12 AM

Please monitor the temperature of your computer with SpeedFan (http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php) and let us know which temperature SpeedFan shows while your game is opened.

This when i'am not playing

1h6JnUt.jpg

This when i'am playing BF4

wYnwPXK.jpg

What is that Temp 2 that keeps burning?

Is that temeprature right?

#9 F3nrique

F3nrique
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/qrgZIcXC8BtyQtenjOpvn1w

Right now I only have 4 Gb of RAM it looks like there was a mistake with the Technical Support and gave me a 4Gb RAM.

Edited by F3nrique, 22 October 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#10 syrius01

syrius01

• Banned Spammer
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:33 PM

Temp2 is way too hot, probably your cpu is overheating. A good idea would be adding a cooling fan in your computer case.

#11 F3nrique

F3nrique
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:02 PM

Temp2 is way too hot, probably your cpu is overheating. A good idea would be adding a cooling fan in your computer case.

That could be the problem why my PC re-boot while playing games? Yesterday I was playing XCOM (for the first time) and there was no problem, today I play for almos 2 hours and sundenly the PC re-boot again.

And there can be a reason why the temperature gets higher and then make my PC re-boot, 'cause i used to live in the Coast of my country and was really hot there and i can playe really good for two months with out a problem, but then one day everything started and i changed the parts that i mentioned before and the problem was still there. Then I move to the mountain range of my country and here is really cold, the weather of the place iam has something to do with the temperature?

Edited by F3nrique, 22 October 2014 - 02:09 PM.

#12 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,495 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:02 PM

In the Speedfan readout, the temp2 seems to not change whether you are gaming or not. I would think there is a mis-read there or something. All the other temps rise when gaming.

> We need another opinion: please download & install Open Hardware (free); let it run in your system tray, and when gaming and not gaming take a reading and post it here.

> Did you try my suggestion with the box fan blowing into the open case? This can tell us a lot. Please do that and post back the result. Set the fan on highest speed.

> Please test your memory. Download Memtest 86+ , choose the Pre-compiled bootable ISO (.zip) file, unzip it and burn the ISO to a CD. Set your DVD drive to first boot device in the BIOS, and reboot with the CD in the DVD drive. Let it run one full cycle, about 1/2 hour. When done, at the bottom a message will appear the all cycles are completed, press ESC to exit (or words to that effect). If there is even one red error message that SIMM of RAM is bad. Do one SIMM stick at a time.

You said:

Right now I only have 4 Gb of RAM it looks like there was a mistake with the Technical Support and gave me a 4Gb RAM.

I do not understand; please explain more.

Edited by ranchhand_, 22 October 2014 - 11:03 PM.

#13 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:39 AM

Everything in speccy looks fine except for the single channel memory. Not sure if those reading in that speedfan program or not. It shows only the gpu fan speed and no cpu. I would open the case and make sure the fan is not seized up and it's spinning. The temps in speccy is like 27c idle which is normal. Check the heatsink isn't clogged.

#14 F3nrique

F3nrique
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:00 AM

In the Speedfan readout, the temp2 seems to not change whether you are gaming or not. I would think there is a mis-read there or something. All the other temps rise when gaming.

> We need another opinion: please download & install Open Hardware (free); let it run in your system tray, and when gaming and not gaming take a reading and post it here.

> Did you try my suggestion with the box fan blowing into the open case? This can tell us a lot. Please do that and post back the result. Set the fan on highest speed.

> Please test your memory. Download Memtest 86+ , choose the Pre-compiled bootable ISO (.zip) file, unzip it and burn the ISO to a CD. Set your DVD drive to first boot device in the BIOS, and reboot with the CD in the DVD drive. Let it run one full cycle, about 1/2 hour. When done, at the bottom a message will appear the all cycles are completed, press ESC to exit (or words to that effect). If there is even one red error message that SIMM of RAM is bad. Do one SIMM stick at a time.

You said:

I do not understand; please explain more.

Ok, i would do it. I have a 8Gb RAM but looks like in Thecnical Support they make a mistake and gave a 4Gb RAM so i will have to talk to them so they gave me my 8Gb RAM.

#15 F3nrique

F3nrique
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:04 AM

Everything in speccy looks fine except for the single channel memory. Not sure if those reading in that speedfan program or not. It shows only the gpu fan speed and no cpu. I would open the case and make sure the fan is not seized up and it's spinning. The temps in speccy is like 27c idle which is normal. Check the heatsink isn't clogged.

Another thing is that there was a time that i didn't use my computer, like 1 month with out using it, and when i start to used again i tried to play and i was able to play like for 1 weeks with out re-booting! But then the problem apear againg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users