Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Howdy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hamiota

Hamiota

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:41 PM

My real name is Al and I hope everyone is having a good evening.

Well, I should be watching game 1 of the World Series right now but due to my ignorance concerning computers I figured it was high time I joined this forum. Everywhere else I try to look for help with problems I'm having, almost without fail, Bleeping Computers is mentioned.

I'm really quite illiterate when it comes to using computers and usually totally lost when it comes to fixing them. I bought my first computer in 2008, an HP Desktop running Windows Vista, and have pretty much just taught myself the little bit I do know. I decided last year that I was going to get a really nice laptop if it was the last thing I do. That turned out to nearly be the case because shortly after purchasing a nice used Dell XPS15 L521x with Windows 7 Home Premium I was diagnosed with cancer. I didn't feel like playing with my almost new and very beautiful laptop for, what seemed, a long time. I made it through the treatments and surgery and I'm feeling better and better all the time. No more sign of cancer and slowly but surely regaining my strength and starting to get back in to the things that interest me, like fishing and vintage audio, audio video, and fishing. Yeah, things are starting to get back to normal but with a fresh new way of viewing this miracle we call life. 

This Windows 7, in my opinion, is so much better than Vista. Well, maybe better is not the word I should use. So far though it seems much easier for me to learn. I'm sure I would be further ahead in understanding this operating system if I wasn't so fearful of messing it up beyond repair. I feel fortunate that this forum is here for anyone to join and I'm glad I finally decided to open an account. It's a great feeling to know I have so many intelligent folks around who are willing to help a person out.

Thanks Y'all,

Al

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 syrius01

syrius01

• Banned Spammer
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:18 AM

:welcome:

Enjoy your stay Hamiota !