Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting Up Windows Live Mail With Charter Email Accounts

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bamamcall

Bamamcall

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:26 PM

My old CPU Hard drive failed so I bought a new CPU. A Toshiba SateliteC55 with Windows 8.

Ok I am trying to set up my emails is Windows live Mail client. I had another CPU with Win 7 so I had my emails set up before on it. Thing is now charter won't help me with my problem and neither will MS.

They sent me the link for setting it up on WLM. Here is the link http://www.myaccount.charter.com/customers/Support.aspx?SupportArticleID=2656 which I did. I have 3 different emails with charter. I set up the first one and followed the instructions and set it up as IMAP. But in WLM it recognize it as POP3 and won't let me change it. So I can download all 9000 emails that were on the server (don't know why they were there) but it won't let me send out an email from WLM. I change it to a POP instead of IMAP and it let me send out an email.

Also when In tried to set up the second email IMAP it tells me it can't find the IMAP server even though it will DL emails from the first email set up as Imap.

It is very confusing and Charter is a worthless hump of information. I guess what I want to ask is there a link for a step by step setup for charter emails to windows live mail? I also will be setting this up on my phone and Ipad..

IS there another client I could use instead of this that is easier to use. I would rather just use that.

Thanks for the help. If this is confusing please point it out because I am so frustrated at charter I may not be making sense.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:21 PM

I also have multiple e-mail on charter and works fine.Here is the setup.

Incoming-pop.charter.net/port110

Outgoing-smtp.charter.net/port25

If you still have trouble let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users