Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why does Hard Drive Fill up on it's own?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NewTechie

NewTechie

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:09 PM

My brother has a computer that is approx. 2 years old.

The hard drive on my brothers computer keeps getting full and he gets a message indicating that there was no more memory available so he deleted more that 4 gb of stuff and the next day it was FULL again. It keeps filling up (gets full) for no apparent reason.

Why is this happening?

Thanks for any responses you may provide.

NTG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:22 PM

Hello NewTechie,

This can be multiple reasons for this, but let's check the most common: shadow copies.

You did not include the operating system on the computer so I have assumed Windows 7: Remove Shadow Copies - Windows 7.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

#3 NewTechie

NewTechie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:49 PM

Thx. I'll look at this as soon as I get home... I appreciate the response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users