Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VPN gateway to gateway questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ternelson

ternelson

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:24 AM

I have 2 Cisco RV042 setup and connected via the gateway to gateway. I can ping the server and a few computers from the remote site, but not going the other way. I tried to remote to the server couldn't do so. I also tried to ping by name but couldn't. The server is setup to give out dhcp leases. I also have a VOIP( cisco phones) as well. Not for sure what im missing here any help would be great. Went to ciscos site for help and of course like their tech support was no help either.

thanks in advance for any help..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bitboyz

Bitboyz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:59 PM

Can you ping the remote site router at all? They sites are on different subnets, correct?

#3 ternelson

ternelson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:31 AM

I can ping both sides now.. I can log on to the router a from site b and router b from site a.. they are .58.0 and .59.0 subnets.. I know it has to be a setting on the server just not sure what it is..

#4 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:18 PM

so you have set the default routing table for 0.0.0.0 to go through the gateway at each branch?

It sounds like you have set the router to router up fine but havnt added a RIP for the internal network Subnet.

#5 ternelson

ternelson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:49 AM

each subnet can ping the other subnet. the issue Im having is getting connected to the server for the shared drives. I  can ping the server via ip address but not by name. so I know there is a dns issue somewhere. I can log on to routers and printers on the different subnets via web interface so I don't think RIP is the issue. thanks for the info though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users