Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Comp. Acts Like I Don't Have A Dsl Connection, Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chrissypa

Chrissypa

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:29 PM

Hello, I am on my sons computer right now which is on the same network as mine. It comes through mine via a router and my computer seems to not have internet at all. Internet Explorer, Email, Messenger. Will not work. I get a DNS error when I try to bring up a page. I am running Windows XP and Avast antivirus. Everything seems to be working properly but the Internet. I restored to saturday and that didn't change anything. I had my email open last night and avast popped up and said I had a virus. I deleted instead of sending to the chest and I am doing a scan right now. It popped up with the same virus. I will run out and see what it is. Do you want me to post an HJT log? I will try to send it in here to his computer. I know it isn't a problem with DSL cause this comp. is working properly. I am leaving for work right now and I won't be home till probably 12:00. So if I don't reply till after then you know why. Thanks! Chrissy
Go Steelers!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:22 PM

Hi Chrissypa,

I had my email open last night and avast popped up and said I had a virus. I deleted instead of sending to the chest and I am doing a scan right now. It popped up with the same virus.

It sounds like you still may have malware affecting your computer. My starting suggestion would be to follow BC's Malware removal guide. This will make sure all the bad stuff is gone, and if needed, direct you in posting a HJT log.

Let's try this and see how things progress. If you have any questions, please ask.

Good luck,

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 Chrissypa

Chrissypa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2006 - 02:30 PM

Here are the error messages i get when trying to enable the firewall.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Go Steelers!!

#4 Chrissypa

Chrissypa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:40 PM

Okay, so I called alltel and got my computer back online but my windows firewall still isn't working. And when I try to download updates it gives me error message 0x80072726. Anybody have any idea's? Thanks
Go Steelers!!

#5 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:03 PM

Chrissypa...

A couple of things.

Do not bump your HJT log until one of the HJT team members replies to you... We try to resolve logs on a first come/first served basis. By bumping your log you will be pushed back in line due to the new date of your bump.

Please follow the guidance of the HJT team member that works your log. They will handle firewall and connection issues.

Your HJT log can be found here : HJT log

One final thing... please be patient. The HJT team is made up of all volunteers. They will help you as soon as possible. Good luck Chrissy. You are in very good hands with the HJT malware team.

If you have any questions, please ask.

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users