Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

Hi, I am not an expert on pc building, but would like your opinion on these components I think I will buy.

• Mother board : Asus Maximus VII Ranger 
  • CPU  : Intel Core i7-4790
  • RAM : 2 X 4GB Corsair Vengeance 3XS PC1600 (will add 2 more in the future)
  • GPU : 4GB MSI Twin Frozr V GTX 970

Already have 

• Seagate Barracude 1TB HDD
  • Samsung SSD 840
  • Coolermaster PSU 500W (should be enough for the GPU as it's the recommended)

Main use of my PC

• Software Developing programs (Netbeans/Eclipse with glassfish or Visual Studio with SQL server, multiple chrome tabs (sometimes different types of browsers open), MS Word, PDF) - 8gb should be enough as thats how much I have right now but DDR2 and rarely gets full
  • Gaming

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:42 AM

It should work, though I suggest getting a slightly more powerful power supply if you can afford it.  I've seen several GTX 970's recommend 550W, so having a buffer is a good idea.  I suggest something like SeaSonic SSR-650RM 650W.  Don't forget, if you are replacing the motherboard and use an OEM or system builder copy of Windows, you will need to purchase a new copy to remain compliant with the license.  If you use a full, boxed retail copy of Windows, you can simply move the license to a new PC.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users