Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijacked Proxy Settings to 127.0.0.1:49199

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 trexkerry

trexkerry

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:50 AM

Hello,

I've seen a couple of threads with a similar issue that was able to be resolved and I'm hoping someone can help me.  When I go into IE I get an message stating that the proxy servier isn't responding.  I've unchecked the proxy server box in the LAN settings in IE, but it won't stay unchecked.  I've run Adwcleaner which found a bunch of things but still no matter what the proxy box refuses to stay unchecked.

I am able to use Firefox which is not sending me through a proxy.  But of course the problem is other applications that access the internet are now trying to use the proxy and are not working.  Any help would be appreciated, I can't find anything online that will work!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trexkerry

trexkerry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:27 AM

Nevermind - I found that if I run IE as "Administrator" I am able to make the proxy box stay unchecked. 

#3 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,310 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:13 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#4 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,310 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:13 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

cXfZ4wS.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users