Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PDF Troubles

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 StreetPreacher

StreetPreacher

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:53 AM

Hi Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this question. Here it goes.

I have had some artwork done in the forms of a letterhead, drop cap and ornate signature. I planned to use this in a letter I was going to write in word 2003 or Open Office. The problem I have is that they are pdf files and when I converted them for use with word the quality was reduced. I also have the original vector eps files.

I either need to find a way to convert the pdf files for use with word/open office without a reduction is quality or a pdf friendly programme that allows me to write my letter and use the files directly ( can't afford adobe and have tried AbelWord which didn't work out ).

Thanks for any help you can throw my way.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 22 October 2014 - 02:11 PM.
Moved to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:42 AM

Hello, and Welcome

Try opening the EPS files in Open Office Draw. You can instert the graphics into a Open Office write document.

You can also try the 30 day demo of Foxit PDF editor. This would let you add text and edit images to the PDF, keeping the native PDF file.

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:10 AM

On the rare occasions where I have needed to convert a PDF file to Word, there are converters that will do that. This one seems to be free. If not to your liking, you can find plenty of others with a Google search.

http://www.pdfonline.com/pdf-to-word-converter/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users