Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stop Error On Hibernate--restarts Instead?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ashes2

Ashes2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:08 PM

Someone wanted a copy of a CD--my CD writer is fried so they brought a portable with no software--it installed--I guess--but without the ability to write. So I needed to install my old software. I had a trial of roxio from my DVD writer that fried itself and my other writer and a full version of roxio that of course I could not find. In an effort to find it I plugged in the old writer :huh: as a paperclip did not work to open the drawer--NOT THE DVD but the good old standby that still reads audio--turn on the computer and POP ( the sound I heard as the whole thing just went kaput)--no more computer B) . 10 minutes later for some reason the computer decides it will in fact turn on :)--no CD in the drive of course. I install the trial software and for some reason it finds the old retail version on my computer and reinstalls it. Needs to reboot. :thumbsup: but no--that's when the blue screen comes B) "Stop 0x0000009f (0x00000100, 0x82073E50, 0x82073E50, 0x82068D90) Driver_power_state_failure contact your administrator." Push power button off and on computer restarts--slow but starts. everything seems normal. unless I try to soft boot. I get rid of all the newly installed programs, go into the hardware and look for hidden hardware--yep my DVD is back--get rid of that. Run norton, reboot--nope. power off and on go to safe mode with command prompt and stick the windows disk in to do a repair--it says there is a program that has not finished installing log off and on and let it complete--okay. Now I have lost my start menu :( . Somehow I mange to get to the ccregistry cleaner, run that, run norton again and poof we're up and running again B) --except when I try to hibernate--it reboots to the blue screen. I can soft boot any other time, I can reboot, I just can't hibernate and I really don't like knowing that message is there just waiting for me. The message has changed a little--what was in the ( ) is now (0x8204B3D0, 0x8204B3D0, 0x8207FD90). Any ideas? Windows 2K

Edited by Ashes2, 12 June 2006 - 02:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:22 PM

A driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. Typically occurs during events that involve power state transitions, such as shutting down, or moving into or out of standby or hibernate mode.

TROUBLESHOOTING WINDOWS STOP MESSAGES

See if one of these links helps:
0x0000009F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Computer Hangs During Shutdown Because of Resource Conflict
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users