Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help!!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nana2652

nana2652

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:55 AM

Hello.  I am in need of assistance.  Yesterday I mistakenly shut down my laptop while it was updating.

After turning it back on my computer is stuck on an update showing "configurating 3 of 3 update" or

something like that. I have rebooted, used the f8 function key, and also f12, and it goes back to the

that update and I can't get past that.  when I press f8 key, it doesn't give me the repair your computer

option.  so I can't restore my computer.  I don't have a recovery cd.  and before that I was trying to fix

my cd/dvd drive, cuz it won't read anything either.  Can anyone give me some ideas. 

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mickey93NSD

Mickey93NSD

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:50 AM

Hi Nana2652,

I'm new here too. You appear to have posted this request for help in the introductions section. I'm guessing you'll get more views and a better response posting this in the correct help section.

-Mickey93NSD

#3 shamuh2014

shamuh2014

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:53 AM

No worries Nana2652.

I have solution for this issue!

#4 shamuh2014

shamuh2014

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:05 AM

Leave the system in a condition where it show still installing updates for a while and if the nothing progress then you have to take few actions.

This issue is quite common in Acer laptops, If you interrupted the installation of Windows service pack will cause serious issue of this kind. And there is no way you can back up if you don't have recovery cd. If you have a bootable Window CD then, there is a chance to bring back to the new desktop and can recover your files by icare.com the data recovery software, its a free and paid versions available. For data recovery, you need to remove hard disk and connect to the other laptop or desktop to backup your data. Or if you want restore to most recent configuration you can go to restore option by hitting F8. You said, F8 or F12 is not giving you options, then try to download BartPE bootable from other computer and make bootable CD and start your corrupted computer with BartPE CD. Backup your data or better contact your vendor to get bootable CD.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:28 AM

nana2652, what version of Windows are you using?
Your post needs to be moved to the proper forum and I need that information.

Introductions forum
"Please do not post problems that you may be having in this forum. This forum is to be used solely for introducing yourself to our community. If you have a problem and would like help with that, please post it in the appropriate category."

#6 nana2652

nana2652
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:58 PM

Thank you everyone, for the help.  It's very much appreciated.

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:02 PM

#8 nana2652

nana2652
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:07 PM

I have windows vista 32-bit

Edited by Queen-Evie, 22 October 2014 - 07:13 PM.
moved from Introductions to the appropriate forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users