Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All browsers (chrome, firefox, etc) loading pages REALLY slow, Im pretty savvy..

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 playgroundlegend

playgroundlegend

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:13 AM

But I cannot figure out why. I have tried adjusting browser settings, clearing cache, clearing the extensions. My PC is Virus and Trojan free. I know its not my ISP, because when I play league of legends on my PC or any other online game, it loads up VERY FAST and connects to the server quickly, with no lag solid ping. Ive done speed tests on the speed test sites and everything is normal

Also.. Netflix on all my wired and wireless devices runs smooth. All my other devices in the house (Phones, laptops, tablets)  that can load webpages are loading them at blazing speeds when hooked wired and wirelessly to the same router. I built this PC myself and its always been speedy. Something happened out of nowhere.

Heres another odd discovery too... certain web pages are loading improperly now as well.. facebook takes like 10 mins to load, and when it does, its all text and no images. Youtube's formatting is way off as well and loads slow. Every webpage is taking a good amount of time to load up.

Here's another odd thing.. I wanted to test something out.. so I went to a proxy server website to try and load websites through one of their search bars... the weirdest thing.. everything loaded super fast and was formatted properly, yet when I use any of my browsers as normal, its slow as molasses out of no where.

The only thing I could find doing searches (which take forever because google also runs super slow now) is that it may be a DNS problem. 

Anyone have any clue?

Heres an example of how facebook looks:

QCGbZBO4.jpg

Weird huh?

Its the same way no matter what browser I use. Literally almost every website takes about 60 seconds to load. It is really weird. 

I have read through various topics here.. but none of them I think have some of the same circumstances (yes the slow loading, but in addition to the pages loading awkwardly as well as the proxy server situation.. I thought it would be interesting)

If it helps I have a linksys E3200 router.. I just felt it.. its kind of warm.. but I dont think thats it since al my other devices are working excellent when loading pages... My PC is the only one hard wired in though

I also use Bit defender as my Anti-Virus protection, and there's no malware spyware or anything as I said before. 

I tried running the troubleshooting in Windows 7 on the network, it found no issues, I tried to run in for specific sites.. it found no issues. I have re-started my router, and my modem, my PC. The only thing I havent done is change my router settings.. but once again.. that cant be it because its this PC only thats having the problems

This has been going on for about a week.. and it seems to get slower and slower.

Edited by playgroundlegend, 21 October 2014 - 01:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 modifyman

modifyman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:43 AM

I have noticed a less responsive downloading of pages for several weeks.

I don't have the extreme issues you are experiencing.

It just seems browsing takes more time for the page to complete.

I use Charter, who has just finished major upgrades to fiber and now provide a 60 MbS bandwidth. (Tests @ 63 MbS)

Does not matter the time of day or what is running, although I only use firefox.

You seem confident that it is not a computer bug, then you may try a network analyzer that will monitor and display all packet activity and information. Wireshark is free and if you have the time to understand what it displays you may find something.

I'm not a IT pro...yet. Still in training...I'm going to try my own advice to see what I may discover.

I just finished reading your post below the screen shot.

It appears that the CSS for the page isn't taking effect.*

Have you tried disabeling your anti-virus before starting a page download?

Do you use a registry cleaner/scanner? eusing free registry cleaner is FREE.

Try downloading in Safety mode with network ability...While your there do a security scan with another anti-virus program...Kapersky has a free scan and removal tool...that is, they did when I was Norton user...

*Theremay be an issue which is preventing your browser/s  from loading all of the page information.

Edited by modifyman, 21 October 2014 - 03:08 AM.

#3 ronaldo balwan

ronaldo balwan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:03 PM

my google chrome work slow with a pretty fast internet 1mb need some help 

Edited by ronaldo balwan, 21 October 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:37 PM

Try reading http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87058/slow-computerbrowser-check-here-first;-it-may-not-be-malware/

Tekken

#5 playgroundlegend

playgroundlegend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:30 PM

See.. what doesnt make sense to me.. is that if I use a proxy server... Everything loads lightning quick and it loads properly.. yet when using everything normally.. it takes forever.

Does anyone know what could cause that? A DNS issue?

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:12 AM

Did you try safemode with networking? Have you also cleaned cache files on browsers? You can try Public/Google DNS servers adresses if you need to check on the difference.

Tekken

#7 playgroundlegend

playgroundlegend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:32 PM

Big problem now,,,,

Nothing has worked but the issue has progressed. Now I cannot get ANYTHING.

I get the "Unable to connect to the proxy server" errror..

Funny thing is.. Im not currently set up on ANY proxy server. The box for it is unchecked.. and to make sure.. I RESET everything.. all internet options. Im getting this proxy error now in EVERY browser. Im panicking

#8 playgroundlegend

playgroundlegend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:41 PM

I FOUND SOMETHING!! 

Ok,, so when I go back into my lan settings.."use proxy server for your LAN" is checked.. if I uncheck it and keep the window open.. it works fine.. but the minute I close it.. something chnges it back on my system and it stops working.. almost immediately

#9 playgroundlegend

playgroundlegend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:14 PM

I found the problem!

Internet is back up to speed! NO Proxy issues or anything!

The problem was a media accelerator that came packaged with League of Legends, it effects every browser and its not listed as an extension. 

It also doesnt pull up on any spyware or virus software

Its called PANDO MEDIA BOOSTER

BEWARE EVERYONE!

As this program will cause serious problems and it will not pull up in ANY spyware/malware or virus search..

Is there any way I can report it? As it was hijacking my internet settings

#10 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:12 PM

Yes, it is sometimes called a bundled software. Glad to hear you found what is troubling your internet connection. :thumbup2:

Tekken

#11 jerramie

jerramie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:20 AM

i really hate it when someone answers this question with "clean out your computer and fans from dust" Yes dust can overheat your computer if it is blocking airflow. However, your entire computer would run erratic if this were the case and if you computer is overheating, it will generally shut down. I have gone on service calls and sometimes found so much dust in a computer that i could make a shirt with it... yet it is not effecting the computer! go figure! However, dust can cause computers to overheat and will effect the longevity of your machine. It will not however effect your browsing speed unless you would call ...... the computer not running at all... as dust effecting browser speed. I know the OP problem has been fixed but I will list a common problem and solution that causes peoples browsers to slow The most likely culprit for browser sluggishness can be remedied via deletion of cookies and browser temp files. Navigate to internet options: (type internet options in the search bar) click the general tab, you can toggle "delete browser history on exit" if you wish. on the general tab you will see a delete button. Click the delete button: next you will see many check boxes. I personally never delete passwords but you can if you wish. The most important checkbox will be temporary internet files, make sure this is checked. once you have toggled or un-toggled everything else (i would recommend checking them all) , click delete. Most of this applies to IE (microshafts browser) but some of this applies to all browsers. Next we delete chrome stuff (if using chrome)  upper right hand corner are 3 little lines, click on this , select settings, on the upper left select history, I personally check all but PW, select "the beginning of time" and click delete. Next will be network settings.

Click on start and type CMD in the search box, if you do not hit enter- you will see Command prompt in the results RIGHT click on this and select run as admin. A black DOS type window will open now type this exactly  ipconfig /flushdns   hit enter. That will flush your DNS resolver cache. Next type ipconfig /renew   this will renew your connection and the command takes like 5 seconds to execute so dont panic. After you see the command actualy execute.. close the window or type exit and hit enter. Now you should be good to go. 

I would say 90% of the time slow browsing experience is due to temp internet files and cookies built up into a giant pile of garbage

Edited by jerramie, 30 May 2016 - 08:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users