Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SSD for HP Pavilion 15-e039sc; system, programs, data; 140$/86/110

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lipy

Lipy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:02 PM

Hi guys,

I just got laptop HP Pavilion 15-e039sc for my birthday and I'm thinking of buying an SSD into it, so please help me smile.gif 

My price range is £86 = 140$ = 110€

SSD will be used primary for system (Windows 8.1, I might downgrade to Windows 7, if I won't get used to 8.1), programs (basic ones like Office, VLC player... and Adobe Photoshop, it would be awesome if I could run Sony Vegas but I think my laptops performance is too low for SV) and some data (not too many, because I have an external hdd and I use cloud).

That's why I was thinking about 120 Gb version, but my friend told me "The more data is on SSD, the more slower will the SSD be" and he recommended me to buy 240 Gb version, because of this reason.

Another friend recommended me Intel 520Crucial M500 and Crucial M550 SSDs.
Than I told him, I want to use Photoshop and perhaps Sony Vegas, he said absolutely not to buy these SSDs - according to him, these programs will soon or later "destroy" these SSDs and that's why I should buy at least Intel S3700, but that's totaly out of my money range.

So I need your help guys,

Is my friend wrong and should I buy one of Intel 520Crucial M500 and Crucial M550 or some other SSD?

Is he right and should I safe money and later buy something like Intel S3700 or some other SSD?

Or do you have any other solution for my "problem"? smile.gif 

Btw. I know my laptop isn't really good for PS and SV, but I got it as a present so I can't sell it and buy some other laptop...

I hope you can help me!
Thank you for any answers!

P.S. - sorry for my bad English

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:05 AM

I don't think your friends know what they are talking about.

I like the Samsung EVO ssds.  As far as size, you just need to get one that fits your stuff, and that you can afford. If you can afford the 240, there's no reason to get the 120 instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users