Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Galaxy S5 Browser Vanilla Reload virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 snouk

snouk

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:40 AM

Hello I need some help on how to remove this nasty thing. I can't use my browser at all. Anybody knowledgeable on this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 snouk

snouk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:47 AM

Never mind, I have fix it by me self! Heres how: 

1. Since your Samsung Galaxy S5 device is blocked by this Vanilla Reload malware virus, you will need to restart your phone to safe mode which starts up without loading any third-party add-ons. By this way, you are capable to carry out malware removal steps on your Android. Here are two examples for you to put your Android phone to safe mode.

a. For Samsung Galaxy S5 and others: 1) Power down. 2) Turn on till you see the Vendor’s logo, press and hold Volume Down (Galaxy S3 and others), Volume Up (HTC One and others), or Volume Down and Volume Up together (various Motorola devices).

Once in safe mode open your browser and soft tap near the top to bring open the web pages list. Tap the - on the vanilla reload virus page. Now restart back to normal.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

Thank you for sharing the fix with us. Glad you were able to resolve your problem.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:24 AM

Never mind, I have fix it by me self! Heres how: 

1. Since your Samsung Galaxy S5 device is blocked by this Vanilla Reload malware virus, you will need to restart your phone to safe mode which starts up without loading any third-party add-ons. By this way, you are capable to carry out malware removal steps on your Android. Here are two examples for you to put your Android phone to safe mode.

a. For Samsung Galaxy S5 and others: 1) Power down. 2) Turn on till you see the Vendor’s logo, press and hold Volume Down (Galaxy S3 and others), Volume Up (HTC One and others), or Volume Down and Volume Up together (various Motorola devices).

Once in safe mode open your browser and soft tap near the top to bring open the web pages list. Tap the - on the vanilla reload virus page. Now restart back to normal.

I didn't even know you could boot a phone in safe mode. Coo tip..thanks!

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users