Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cut and Paste

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lostsoul65

lostsoul65

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:30 PM

Can I cut and paste on this site? I always write my post in Word and then cut and paste with all sites except this one won't let me do it or am I doing something wrong or you just aren't allow to do it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:37 PM

What steps are you taking when you try to paste here?

#3 lostsoul65

lostsoul65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:51 PM

The only way I've ever did it was with a right mouse click. Is there another way? After the right mouse click there is no paste on the menu

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:04 PM

After you click in the REPLY box the editor menu will become visible.

There is an icon for PASTE. Click that icon, if asked Do you want to allow this webpage to allow access to the clipboard choose YES. This is asked in IE, I don't know if asked using other browsers.

bc-paste.png

There is also a Paste from Word option but I have never used it.

You can also click the first icon in the first row OR Use Full Editor, both of which should allow you to RIGHT click and paste.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 19 October 2014 - 07:08 PM.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,283 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:19 PM

The CK Editor and tool bar as shown in the example by Q-E, is known to have some quirks, bugs and or generally be a piece of garbage to some of us.

What you might try is to toggle the editor off when attempting to copy and paste. The toggle to turn the editor off or on is the light switch looking thing in the very upper left corner in the image above.

EDIT: My suggestion is there in case Q-E's doesn't work for you.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,605 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:22 PM

I have this problem. When you paste you have to make sure you are right clicking just after the flashing vertical cursor or Paste will no be shown when you right click.

You can also use the short cut keys of Ctrl+C for Copy and Ctrl+V for Paste.

#7 lostsoul65

lostsoul65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:25 PM

I haven't use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V in 10 years. It still works. Thank you

#8 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:50 PM

Yup thats the easiest way :) (I always use CTRL-c/V)

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:18 AM

You didn't mention what browser you are using but if using IE and have the File, Edit, View, etc. toolbar you can click EDIT and choose PASTE.

#10 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,693 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:13 PM

I find that using right click to paste does not work on this version of IPB.  I use either the Edit --> paste option from the menus above the browser (using Pale Moon or FireFox) or using the keyboard strokes of control + V to paste.

~ OB :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users