Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display driver Intel Graphics Drivers stopped responding

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 marisaa28

marisaa28

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

"Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

I keep receiving this error message. My screen turns black, that message pops up, then everything is fine again... except my adobe programs. When I have them open, and this happens it freezes them and I have to force the program to close and re-open.

This cannot be good for my computer.... any thoughts? I would truly appreciate any help or ideas on resolving this display driver issue.

Thanks so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:25 PM

Hello, and Welcome

What is the make and model of the computer? When you look in the system tray of the desktop do you see a small icon that will let you adjust Graphics Properties.  It would look something like this.

GL40info.jpg

#3 marisaa28

marisaa28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:25 PM

I have a Lenovo Y480 with a Nvidia Graphics card. I found the small icon that will allow me to adjust Graphics Properties, but am not sure what to do. Do you have any ​recommendations? Thanks so much!

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,243 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:58 PM

Is this a computer with hybrid graphics. I mean to say does it have both an intel and Nvidia graphics chips? Your first post said the error was concerning intel and your last said Nvidia.

Edit: I did find this from the specs.

1GB GDDR5 Dedicated Nvidia GeForce GT 640M LE Video Card with VGA and HDMI (Card is switchable with Intel HD4000)

I don't know if it is auto switchable or manual. But you would have two drivers on your computer. I am not going to recommend the driver from intel as I don't know how if it will play well with the Nvidia driver. Have you gotten this error again since you last posted?

Edited by JohnC_21, 20 October 2014 - 05:06 PM.

#5 marisaa28

marisaa28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:02 PM

I have Intel inside core i7 and a Nvidia GForce with Cuda. Is that what you wanted to know?  Thanks so much!

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,243 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:15 PM

I found this Lenovo thread. It seems you control which graphics to use using the Nvidia Control Panel. If you have it set to Dynamic Switching then it will use either intel or Nvidia depending on the situtation. Yours is probably on dynamic switching because you received the error. Have you gotten the intel error since you last posted?

#7 marisaa28

marisaa28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:22 PM

Yup, like 5 times :(

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,243 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:26 PM

Is your setting in the Nvidia Control Panel set for Dynamic Switching?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users