Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suspicious exe masquerading as Google Chrome

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 aberdaccus

aberdaccus

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:53 PM

Hey guys,

I've seen this posted a few times, where a program in my process tree is saying it's Google Chrome, but is in fact multiple iterations of a randomly named exe, that is slowing the heck out of my computer. I'm sure someone out there has figured out how to fix this by now :)

I've scanned with Norton, Malwarebytes, and others, to no effect. I've seen many asking for the Farbar reports, so I'll paste those up in the next two posts. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

EDIT: Sorry...I just discovered the rules for posting logs, and deleted them.

Edited by aberdaccus, 19 October 2014 - 02:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 aberdaccus

aberdaccus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:42 PM

I'm using Win 7 64 bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic