Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 baconlol

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:46 PM

Posting here to say hi.

I think this is the only place I am allowed to post at the moment. I hope introducing myself will allow me to post where I wanted to. (The site did not explain why I was not allowed)

I want to post here:

A lot of people were looking at this post yesterday and it happened to me at the exact same time so I figured it happened to a lot of people at the exact same time.

But no one can reply to it.

Edited by baconlol, 19 October 2014 - 01:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:39 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

The topic you want to reply in is in Malware Removal Logs forum.

The only people who can reply to  MRL topics are the topic starter, members of the malware removal team and certain Bleeping Computer staff.

This prevents members from making "me to"  or "this is what worked for me" "this is how I fixed it" posts.

If you need help, please start a topic about your issue.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 19 October 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#3 baconlol

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:18 PM

The method to discourage spam seems pointless at it encourages me to just say "me too" in a separate thread rather than the same thread. 

This sounds like you have just encouraged me to spam.

But that forum post was the only thing I could find complaining about the issue via google. And it was just posted on the same day I had the issue.

Nevertheless, if you think I should create another thread just to say "me too" then I guess that is all I can do.

Edited by baconlol, 19 October 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#4 boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,476 posts
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:58 PM

bacaonlol, you should be able to post anywhere else but there.
It's not Spam you are posting. We train our own personnel to deal with malware removal in that forum. That guarantees the person receiving help there will ONLY get a trained and proper reply. No guess answers ,no dangerous answers.
That is why you or anyone else cannot post there.

Now also if you have an issue with malware we want you to start your own topic as many fixes are for your computers configuration only. Using someone else's fix there can harm your machine.

So please just make new topic and we will help you out.

follow this Preparation Guide, do steps 6,7 and 8 and post in a new topic.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users