Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Scheduler Error\ Laptop Freeze

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 vlaxd

vlaxd

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:36 PM

Hello,

Since a long time ago I have a rather interesting problem with my Asus Notebook. The only way I can work on it is by using the Battery Saving power plan (every other power plan makes my notebook freeze; sometimes is freezing completely, even the mouse cursor, even the sound stops and sometimes I'm able to move the cursor but can't click anything and the sound (if there is any on background) is looping the last 1 second of that sound/track/music etc. This occurs when surfing the web, especially if I've got Youtube/Facebook open, not to mention when playing games. I have found a way to make the error happen by entering a game and Alt+Tab it (usually the 2-3 times is enough for my laptop to freeze).
A few times this behaviour was followed by a BSOD too, returning VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR or something similar. It could also be a CPU problem, because everytime before the error happens, it begins to work very intense, eliminating a lot of heat also.
I hope you guys can help me. Sorry if I've posted in the wrong section.

P.S:
I have tried lots of solutions posted online, from reinstalling my OS to working inside my registries.

P.S.S:
I am running Windows 8.1 on an Asus K53SC(GPU:Nvidia GeForce GT 520mx, 1GB(Also an Intel HD 3000 integrated GPU); CPU:Intel Core i7 2670QM 2.2GHz; Memory:8GB RAM)

P.S.S.S: It happend today on Battery Saving too. I only had Microsoft Word running and the CPU was buzzing like hell...After this, I stress tested both the GPU and CPU. I didn't get any error and the laptop didn't freeze.

Thank you for your time,
Have a nice day,
Regards,
Vlad.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users