Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ocean77

ocean77

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:22 AM

I am stumped ....which is usually the case !  lol               For some reason I am unable to hear videos. I did a sound test of my audio and I heard that just fine, but when I try to listen to Youtube or any video for that matter, nothing. It was working fine just 2 hours ago and then I just tried and silence. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:32 AM

Did you test the sound from your browser, or from another application? Does this only apply to your browser, or your whole computer?

mYIGVc5.png

#3 ocean77

ocean77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:34 AM

Did you test the sound from your browser, or from another application? Does this only apply to your browser, or your whole computer?

It's kind of crazy. I did find a solution to the problem or so I thought. My YouTube was getting muted so I clicked the sound area on YouTube that had an X and turned the YouTube volume up and it was good to go. I then went to another video and once again NO SOUND, but it was not muted. I just do not get it. Any thoughts?

#4 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:38 AM

Could you test outside of your browser or try another browser? Perhaps a game, or a music file?

Edited by Ezzah, 19 October 2014 - 06:38 AM.

mYIGVc5.png

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:28 AM

Open the Control Panel and type troubleshooter in the search box, then click or tap on Troubleshooting.

When Troubleshooting opens click or tap on Hardware and Sound, then click or tap on Troubleshooting audio playback.

Edited by dc3, 19 October 2014 - 10:29 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 ocean77

ocean77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:27 PM

Thank you for your help. Not quite sure what happened, but it came back about 15 minutes later. I only went quiet when I tried to use YouTube.

I have a more serious problem today. I'm trying to design a cover for a book using Print Shop  Pro v10 and I am having the most difficult time, This Layer thing has got me so frustrated. Is there any chance I could get some assistance with this?

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:20 AM

I see that you opened a new topic in the Graphics Design and Photo Editing forum.  I was just going suggest that you do that, good choice. :thumbup2:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users