Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

multiple problems after trying to uninstall 'snap.do'

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 victor7

victor7

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:39 PM

Snap.do showed up.  Couldn't change it in Internet Options.  I ran my antivirus programs, plus ccleaner, combofix, hijack this, mbam, etc.  Looked in the registry and removed every spot found.  Nothing worked.  Then I tried to open in safe mode, and couldn't get either F2 or F8 to open.  Ran AV's again, incl. Microsoft Essentials.  No help.  Went back to Control Panel, but couldn't open it; nor the System Restore program. 

I checked the user function and was able to open both the IE and Google browsers without snap.do in the Internet Options.  Reran all AV programs.

So, I lost several programs including MOffice, WinRAR, caliber, etc.  Ideas?  I'll wait to hear if I should send the ComboFix or other files.

Edited by hamluis, 18 October 2014 - 03:27 PM.
No logs, moved from MRL to AII - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:26 PM

Moving topic to Am I Infected.  Original post in MRL forum does not qualify for this forum, moving to appropriate forum.

Do not post ComboFix log or any other unless specifically requested.

Louis

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,572 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:48 PM

Having run ComboFix and HiJackThis on your own we need to see those logs as you probably removed things you should not have.

Please post both logs in a new topic here.
Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

Do not change things or run other tools until you are replied to.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users