Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 compunerd

compunerd

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:04 PM

Hi All,

I'm dealing with 2 issues here.

1, Even though Firefox is my default browser, All apps try to connect to IE, which hasn't worked properly(Always getting the message that IE needs to close....) so I did an, "In place upgrade" on WinXP to try to fix that a few months ago and made matters worse.

2. Can't install "CCleaner". During install, A screen comes on that recommends installing Google Chrome that has the install button grayed out and only working buttons are the back & upper rt corner X. No "uncheck" button either.

Running WinXP Prof.32bit, 2GB RAM,320GB HDD,Nvidia GT7300 video. (Yeah, old system).

Thx in advance for your help!

Randy.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 compunerd

compunerd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:46 PM

Resolved 2nd issue. downloaded "Slim" version from Piriform, now works great!

Edited by compunerd, 18 October 2014 - 03:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users