Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My permissions in win7 are messed up.. plz help me out. Someone who knows this.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 temp0rary

temp0rary

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:26 AM

Hi folks. 

My permissions are screwed, atm...

I really dont know how i messed it up. And then i used some program that is called Permission time machine, and i selected my whole C: drive, and then i pressed default on it...

I want like a fresh win7 install. But i have not managed that yet,

Can someone maybe put up pictures of how the permission should look like in win7? Win7 x64.

I can put add some screens here. And then maybe some of you can show me how it is supposed to look like.

I deleted the EVERYBODY whole a few days ago. Dont think i need that one.

In all of these screenshots. I edited some, removed my username on the computer. And the one i removed/edited, its my administaror account...
Then in the C: Drive, when i deleted EVERYBODY, after the permission time machine added it, i got those locked icons later on after that. But i can still acess files, but yeah..

My permissions are not right atm.
Can someone point me in the right direction? Pictures would be nice. My guest account is off.

Would just be nice to have correct permissions, even thou i have considered about hardening the system later on, if i read up and have the energy..

Here are some screens at the current state:

SYSTEM
ME
ADMINISTRATORS
TRUSTEDINSTALLER

(As i wrote before i had everybody over system, but i deleted that one.)

Some good win7 user in here who knows how to reset to the default or something would be nice...
If its possible. The whole C: drive. 

But i just cant remember how my permissions where before i managed to mess them up.

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by temp0rary, 18 October 2014 - 10:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sandralynn

Sandralynn

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:35 AM

temp0rary

I have just reformatted this computer running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1) and the following allowed Security settings are as follows for my main drive (C:\) are:

Advanced Security Settings:

all entries Type: Allow - Inherited From: <not inherited>

Authenticated Users:

(There are 2 separate entries listed) 

1st entry: 

Special Permissions (Subfolders and files only): Traverse folder / execute file - List folder / read data - Read attributes - Read extended attributes - Create files / write data - Create folders / append data - Write attributes - Write extended attributes - Delete - Read permissions 

2nd entry:

Authenticated Users: (This folder only) - Create folders / append data

SYSTEM: (This folder, subfolders and files) - Full Control

Administrators (Computer Name\Administrators): (This folder, subfolders and files) - Full Control

Users (Computer Name\Users: (This folder, subfolders and files) - Read & execute - List folder contents - Read 

=====

Hope this helps 

Edited by Sandralynn, 18 October 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#3 temp0rary

temp0rary
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:15 PM

temp0rary

I have just reformatted this computer running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1) and the following allowed Security settings are as follows for my main drive (C:\) are:

Advanced Security Settings:

all entries Type: Allow - Inherited From: <not inherited>

Authenticated Users:

(There are 2 separate entries listed) 

1st entry: 

Special Permissions (Subfolders and files only): Traverse folder / execute file - List folder / read data - Read attributes - Read extended attributes - Create files / write data - Create folders / append data - Write attributes - Write extended attributes - Delete - Read permissions 

2nd entry:

Authenticated Users: (This folder only) - Create folders / append data

SYSTEM: (This folder, subfolders and files) - Full Control

Administrators (Computer Name\Administrators): (This folder, subfolders and files) - Full Control

Users (Computer Name\Users: (This folder, subfolders and files) - Read & execute - List folder contents - Read 

=====

Hope this helps 

Thanks allot.

Well. I will try and fix that later on. 

a Screenshot would be nice. Pm is fine also... (But i dont need a screenshot i guess.)

Thanks for the answer.

Regards

edit:

I have tried allot. It seems difficult to restore a whole drive, all permissions. System folders etc etc...

I have tried this. But i need to try it again later on. Did not work last time. Got allot of errors..

But thanks for the answer. I will sort this out later on. Its no rush or anything...

Edited by temp0rary, 18 October 2014 - 03:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users