Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Goes to Horizontal lines, then backlight only

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 truckin2001

truckin2001

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:32 AM

It usually does this shortly after POST. It has done this while I was in the bios screen also.  After the machine sits idle 24+ hours, it may have video for 60 seconds or longer. The longer it sits, the longer it has video, and the longer it takes to go from lines to backlight only.  I was addressing a malware issue of random shut offs here when this issue began (nothing was resolved because of the video issue). The machine first started shutting off (like I pulled the plug) before the horizontal line issue began (usually while running a virus scan). If I keep attempting to reboot, it will eventually go straight to backlight only when powered on. 

My machine is a HP Pavilion G7-1070us 2.53GHz Intel Core i3-380M Processor with 4 gigs of ram and Intel HD Graphics  - Win 7 SP1 for the OS.

I don't know much about the insides of a laptop, but could tear down (and put back together!) a tower, no problem... for what its worth.

I hope someone can help save me... I like this machine!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM

Does this problem persist in Safe Mode?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 truckin2001

truckin2001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:28 PM

It happens before I can Get into safe mode.
I fogot to mention its 64 bit home premium (Win7)

Edited by truckin2001, 18 October 2014 - 10:31 PM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:48 AM

This could be the inverter.  You can test this with a multimeter.  You can find a video at YouTube to test the inverter.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users