Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

a few questions about this new Win10...pls

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 browniebrownie141

browniebrownie141

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:47 AM

Dearest fellows:

I did not get the beta/ or trial/ or developer's version of the Windows ( however you call it) but rather have a few questions here, hoping you all Fellows can answer:

1. will this trial upgrade version works just like the previous beta, once you jumped in, can't revert back to yr previous OS?

2. Will Windows10 works on 32 bits computer/ laptops or it will ONLY works on 64 bits platform or samsung/i-pad ??

3. Is this Windows10 a dump/ stupid OS???--sorry, but it seems to me, ms does it sometimes, take Vista--dump; then 7--nice; 8--dump;...not sure why, but it seems this way....nice/dump/nice/dump/.....forever...

4. what do you all see the biggest improvement/ function from this Win10? 

million thanks 

p.s. I probably won't download the beta version, because i am not as high tech as you guys. i am interested because i want to upgrade my laptop OS, currently it's vista ultimate SP2, 32 bits/ intel 2.6/ 4GB/ 350 GB Hard drive. although i know 32 bits is max out, but i really can't afford at this stage to buy a new 64 bit computer now, and clearly, will not waste $$ on those useless i-pad/ samsung i-pad-look alike device ( not a real computer to me, sorry !) 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:50 AM

1. will this trial upgrade version works just like the previous beta, once you jumped in, can't revert back to yr previous OS?

The current "Testing" version (not upgrade) was valid for a maximum of 6 months. You create an ISO image and partition on your current system.

Always have a full back-up of your current system in case you do not like this *Preview*.

2. Will Windows10 works on 32 bits computer/ laptops or it will ONLY works on 64 bits platform or samsung/i-pad ??

It seems to be 32 and 64bit preview. Be sure to fully read a few testers reviews first, then all of the Microsoft download details.

3. Is this Windows10 a dump/ stupid OS???--sorry, but it seems to me, ms does it sometimes, take Vista--dump; then 7--nice; 8--dump;...not sure why, but it seems this way....nice/dump/nice/dump/.....forever...

It seems to be a cross between Windows 7 and the current Windows 8 combined.

4. what do you all see the biggest improvement/ function from this Win10?

The program is a *Testers Review Version* only, and not Retail completed Operating System so far, so you will never know about the final product

p.s. I probably won't download the beta version, because i am not as high tech as you guys.

The program is NOT a BETA version, but it is a *Testers Review Version* only, and nothing more.

Regards -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users