Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to recover gold from computer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mamalemons

mamalemons

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:08 PM

neex to know bow to recover gold ,siver and whatever else might be .computer

Edited by Queen-Evie, 18 October 2014 - 09:47 AM.
moved from Mini Guides to General Chat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:27 PM

The amount of precious minerals per device recovered would be cost prohibitive on small scale. Not to mention the toxicity of the process used. Unless you have a large volume of machines to recover the materials from. And sufficient safety training and comply with all environmental and safety laws. It's not worth the return on investment of time and energy.

You would do better with ROI recycling the basic components. Processors, PCI Boards, Wiring, Scrap Metals and the other recyclables. Then selling those by the pound.

Reference points: http://therefiningcompany.com/How-Much-Gold-Is-In-A-PC.aspx

Edited by Orange Blossom, 18 October 2014 - 02:17 PM.
Fix BB code tag. ~ OB

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Tyraelx

Tyraelx

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:12 PM

I have never heard of people trying to recover gold from computer parts. Or at least it is not common in my country :P

#4 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:18 AM

If there was such a thing I would be rich now considering the amount of computers I have recycled through the years.

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

#5 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:22 PM

Recovery of gold from any electronic gear is usually confined to the board edge connectors and their associated connectors on whatever the salvage item is.  Certainly not economical unless on a scale of a ton of scrap in and less than an ounce out.  Just like newsprint, $40.  a ton isn't worth dealing with at that price unless on a large scale.

#6 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:25 PM

Slightly off topic.

Here's what happens to most of our old PC's.

Watch the video.

http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/ghana804/video/video_index.html

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#7 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,983 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:38 AM

Gold is included within every computer's circuitry on account of it being a fairly good conductor, also hard to corrode and quite malleable. There is not much in any given device, as far as stripping down scrap computers you would make more money from trying to seel on the few parts that might still work and any working components that can be salavge from circuit boards than you would from extracting the tiny amounts of precious metals. of course in future there will come a time where there is no longer enough of certain naturally occuring minerals to be mined so the primary source of them will be form recycling dead technology, but that hasn't happened yet and won't happen for decades. Even then it won't be the gold that is in demand but the so called "rare" earth metals (thye are rare but more abundant than the choice of name suggests).
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#8 princecharming

princecharming

• Banned Spammer
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:59 AM

Hello all newbies, how are you all. I am Prince Charming from United State Of America. I love to meet new people as well as make new friends. I like to earn money from different different Websites on the internet. But i a listen that we can recover gold from Computer. So please tell me how can to recover gold from Computer. I want to recover gold from Computer for my bright future and my all friends too.

#9 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:26 AM

So please tell me how can to recover gold from Computer. I want to recover gold from Computer

Hi Prince here is a short video I found that may help you.

How to easily recover gold from scrap computer chips

http://youtu.be/8lXd85YfcvY

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users