Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infection -- back button blocked by facebook, twitter plugins et al

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 VaMaster54 - Mike

VaMaster54 - Mike

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:52 PM

AVG Security. Vista Home Dell 530 Inspiron....64 bit operating system, 

Using Windows i have some web pages that I can not connect to.  They will connect usually on google Chrome.

Also, on both Windows and Google Chrome on certain websites I can not use the "back" button.  More on I.E. than Google.

Shows http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.ph and sometimes will be similar showing twitter instead of facebook.

Also, my yahoo homepage has become sluggish and very non responsive.  Only website that has happened to.

Deleted cookies and browser history, ran CC, Super AntiSpyware, and malewarebytes as well as AVG.  All came back clean.

Is this a firewall problem ?  Just a guess.

My knowledge manuvering around the computer is above average.

I do have a clean laptop for backup use and research.

Mike

Edited by VaMaster54 - Mike, 17 October 2014 - 08:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users