Please note that mny of these listed items are not "Trojans" or major infections, but
Items like PUP.Optional.SearchProtect.A, and (PUP.Optional.FrostwireTB.A) are able to be removed with other simple programs.
NOTE : Your version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware "184.108.40.2060" is way outdated (almost antique) and needs to be uninstalled and be replaced.
We will do that last -
Please download and run RKill by Grinler.
A black DOS box will appear for a short time and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
At most the tool will usually run for about 2 minutes
Please Copy / Paste the small log back here.
Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.
* NOW :
Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
* Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* Click on the Scan button only once to ensure a correct reading
* AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
* After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
* Check the removals and see if you are OK with the list.
* Click on the Clean button only once to ensure a correct reading
* Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
* Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
* After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
* Copy and Paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
* A copy of all logfiles are also saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
NOW - Replace your version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Note - If not installed, please follow these directions - Click here to view the uninstall guide
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
- Double-click on the setup file (mbam-setup.exe) to install, then follow These instructions for doing a THREAT SCAN in normal mode.
- Don't forget to check for database definition updates through the program's interface (preferable method) before scanning.
- If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A.4. Issues.
Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily Disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- After the scan, make sure that everything is checked and then click the Remove Selected button to remove all the listed malware.
- After rebooting the computer, copy and past the mbam.log in your next reply.
If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.
To retrieve the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 scan log information (Method 2)
- Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Click the Scan Tab at the top.
- Click the View detailed log link on the right.
- Click Copy to Clipboard at the bottom...come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
- Alternatively, you can click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.
-- Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
Logs are named by the date of scan in the following format: mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd and automatically saved to the following locations:
-- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd
-- Vista, Windows 7/8: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd
Please post those 3 logs back here, RKill / AdwCleaner / New Malwarebytes version 220.127.116.112., not your old version 18.104.22.1680,
and you will find that things are much improved..............
Thank You -