Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Safesearch malware. Infected even after following a guide to remove

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 XanatosNemos

XanatosNemos

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 17 October 2014 - 11:40 AM

I am infected with the safesearch malware, I tried following http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-safesearch-toolbar/ and no luck. It seems to slow my pc and bootup speed and even though i managed to get my homepage back to google it does still show up when i open mozilla as a extra tab.

Please help!

I think I am using windows 8.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:15 AM

Hi XanatosNemos.

:step1: Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.

• Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
  • The tool will start to update the database, please wait a bit.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button.
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S#].txt) will open automatically (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report).
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.

-------------

:step2: thisisujrt.gif  Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

• Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#3 XanatosNemos

XanatosNemos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:35 PM

# AdwCleaner v3.311 - Report created 03/11/2014 at 17:32:13
# Updated 30/09/2014 by Xplode
# Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (64 bits)
# Username : Dustin - CYBERPOWER
# Running from : C:\Users\Dustin\Downloads\AdwCleaner.exe
# Option : Clean

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

File Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\browser\searchplugins\safesearch.xml

***** [ Scheduled Tasks ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Value Deleted : HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel [Homepage]
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\bitguard.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\bprotect.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\browserdefender.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\browserprotect.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\cltmngsvc.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\bpsvc.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\browsersafeguard.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\DatamngrCoordinator.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\dprotectsvc.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\jumpflip
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\protectedsearch.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\searchinstaller.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\searchprotection.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\searchprotector.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\searchsettings.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\searchsettings64.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\snapdo.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\stinst32.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\stinst64.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\umbrella.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\utiljumpflip.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\volaro
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\vonteera
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\websteroids.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\websteroidsservice.exe

***** [ Browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.17344

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v33.0 (x86 en-US)

[ File : C:\Users\Dustin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9q1isgst.default\prefs.js ]

-\\ Google Chrome v35.0.1916.153

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [1350 octets] - [17/10/2014 10:47:26]
AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [1262 octets] - [17/10/2014 10:51:35]
AdwCleaner[R2].txt - [4455 octets] - [03/11/2014 17:21:47]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [1322 octets] - [17/10/2014 10:53:45]
AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [3891 octets] - [03/11/2014 17:32:13]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [3951 octets] ##########

#4 XanatosNemos

XanatosNemos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:40 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Thisisu
Version: 6.3.5 (10.31.2014:1)
Ran by Dustin on Mon 11/03/2014 at 17:37:37.31

~~~ Services

~~~ Registry Values

Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\\Start Page
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\\Start Page
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\\Start Page
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\\Start Page
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\\Start Page
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2389574037-1163804358-3595548514-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\\Start Page
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\\Start Page
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\\Default_Page_URL
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\\Search Bar
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\\Search Page
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search\\Default_Search_URL
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\\Default_Page_URL
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL\\Default
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search\\SearchAssistant

~~~ Registry Keys

~~~ Files

~~~ Folders

~~~ FireFox

Successfully deleted the following from C:\Users\Dustin\AppData\Roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\9q1isgst.default\prefs.js

user_pref("browser.newtab.url", "hxxp://www.safesear.ch/?type=20141103-vr-ff-nt");
user_pref("browser.search.defaultenginename", "SafeSearch");
user_pref("browser.search.order.1", "SafeSearch");
user_pref("browser.search.selectedEngine", "SafeSearch");
user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "hxxp://www.safesear.ch/?type=20141103-vr-ff");
user_pref("extensions.5DP8eoT6up3R.url", "hxxp://safefacile.net/sync2/?q=hfZ9ofV9CShEAen0rTwFrihTB6lKDzt4olljtNtVh7n0rjnEqTsGrda9pja7tMFHhd9Fqda6rjrFqjnErdaMDMlGojUMAe4UojrHqj
user_pref("keyword.url", "hxxp://www.safesear.ch/web/?type=ss-ff-kw&q=");
user_pref("searchreset.backup.browser.newtab.url", "hxxp://www.safesear.ch/?type=20141017-130-ff-nt");
Emptied folder: C:\Users\Dustin\AppData\Roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\9q1isgst.default\minidumps [64 files]

~~~ Event Viewer Logs were cleared

Scan was completed on Mon 11/03/2014 at 17:40:18.71
End of JRT log

#5 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,161 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:26 AM

Hi XanatosSemos.

Did safesearch appears again?

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware photo.jpg?sz=48 and save it to your desktop.

• Double-click on the setup file (mbam-setup.exe), then click on Run to install.
  • Malwarebytes will automatically open to it's Dashboard. If you have never run this version, you should see a red note at the top indicating "A scan has never been run on your system"

malwarebytes-anti-malware-fix-now.jpg
  • Click on Update Now to download the current database definitions, then click the Scan Now >> button.
  • If you have run this version before, you should see a green note at the top indicating "Your system is fully protected".
  • You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes...click on the Update Now button.

malwarebytes-anti-malware-2-0-update-now
  • The THREAT SCAN will automatically begin.

malwarebytes-anti-malware-scan.jpg
  • When the scan has completed, the results will be displayed. Click on Quarantine All, then click on Apply Actions.

malwarebytes-anti-malware-potential-thre
  • To complete any actions taken you will be prompted to restart your computer...click on YesFailure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.

mbam4_zps490948cc.png
  • After rebooting the computer, copy and paste the mbam.log in your next reply.

To retrieve the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 scan log information (Method 1)

• Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
  • Click the History Tab at the top and select Application Logs.
  • Select (check) the box next to Scan Log. Choose the most current scan.
  • Click the View button.
  • Click Copy to Clipboard at the bottom...come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
  • Alternatively, you can click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.
  • Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

To retrieve the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 scan log information (Method 2)

• Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
  • Click the Scan Tab at the top.
  • Click the View detailed log link on the right.
  • Click Copy to Clipboard at the bottom...come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
  • Alternatively, you can click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.
  • Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

Logs are named by the date of scan in the following format: mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd and automatically saved to the following locations:
-- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd
-- Vista, Windows 7/8: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd

Thank you.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#6 XanatosNemos

XanatosNemos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:56 PM

Yes it has returned.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 11/4/2014
Scan Time: 12:43:15 PM
Logfile:
Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.00.3.1025
Malware Database: v2014.11.04.05
Rootkit Database: v2014.11.01.02
License: Free
Malware Protection: Disabled
Malicious Website Protection: Disabled
Self-protection: Disabled

CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: Dustin

Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 382502
Time Elapsed: 10 min, 2 sec

Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Disabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Warn
PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 0

Registry Values: 0

Registry Data: 4
PUP.Optional.Safesear.A, HKLM\SOFTWARE\CLIENTS\STARTMENUINTERNET\FIREFOX.EXE\SHELL\OPEN\COMMAND, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" http://www.safesear.ch/?type=20141103-vr-ff-sm, Good: (firefox.exe), Bad: ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" http://www.safesear.ch/?type=20141103-vr-ff-sm),Replaced,[c5009d9a85f71125085f3407f411bc44]
PUP.Optional.Safesear.A, HKLM\SOFTWARE\CLIENTS\STARTMENUINTERNET\IEXPLORE.EXE\SHELL\OPEN\COMMAND, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://www.safesear.ch/?type=20141103-vr-ie-sm, Good: (iexplore.exe), Bad: ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://www.safesear.ch/?type=20141103-vr-ie-sm),Replaced,[32934aed1765e155ee7a71ca5da87b85]
PUP.Optional.Safesear.A, HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\CLIENTS\STARTMENUINTERNET\FIREFOX.EXE\SHELL\OPEN\COMMAND, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" http://www.safesear.ch/?type=20141103-vr-ff-sm, Good: (firefox.exe), Bad: ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" http://www.safesear.ch/?type=20141103-vr-ff-sm),Replaced,[764f1225e696979fca9d6ad1887dbb45]
PUP.Optional.Safesear.A, HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\CLIENTS\STARTMENUINTERNET\IEXPLORE.EXE\SHELL\OPEN\COMMAND, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://www.safesear.ch/?type=20141103-vr-ie-sm, Good: (iexplore.exe), Bad: ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://www.safesear.ch/?type=20141103-vr-ie-sm),Replaced,[c30267d02e4ef73f3d2b033852b39a66]

Folders: 0

Files: 0

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

#7 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,161 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:45 AM

Hi XatatosNemos.

:step1: Download MiniToolBox, Save it to your desktop and run it.

Close any Firefox browsers you may have open
Checkmark the following boxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size. 
  • List Minidump Files
  • List Restore Points

Click Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt).

---------------------

:step2: Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.
  • Make sure all checkboxes are checked!
  • Press the "Scan" button.
  • It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.

--------------------

:step3: Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop.

• Double-click SecurityCheck.exe

• Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.

• Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.

NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.

NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run

In your next reply please include:

• result.txt
  • FSS.txt
  • checkup.txt

Thank you.

#8 XanatosNemos

XanatosNemos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:58 PM

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 21-07-2014
Ran by Dustin (administrator) on 05-11-2014 at 22:57:40
Running from "C:\Users\Dustin\Desktop"
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate  Service Pack 1 (X64)
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Flush DNS: ===================================

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

========================= IE Proxy Settings: ==============================

Proxy is not enabled.
No Proxy Server is set.

"Reset IE Proxy Settings": IE Proxy Settings were reset.

========================= FF Proxy Settings: ==============================

"Reset FF Proxy Settings": Firefox Proxy settings were reset.

========================= Hosts content: =================================

127.0.0.1       localhost

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (11/05/2014 10:02:58 AM) (Source: NvStreamSvc) (User: )
Description: NvStreamSvcNvVAD initialization failed [6]

Description: NvStreamSvcFailed to set NvVAD endpoint as default Audio endpoint [0]

Description: NvStreamSvcNvVAD endpoint registration failed [0]

Error: (11/04/2014 10:33:58 AM) (Source: NvStreamSvc) (User: )

Description: NvStreamSvcFailed to set NvVAD endpoint as default Audio endpoint [0]

System errors:
=============
Error: (11/05/2014 10:56:28 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The Steam Client Service service failed to start due to the following error:
%%1053

Error: (11/05/2014 10:56:28 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Steam Client Service service to connect.

Error: (11/05/2014 10:05:10 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The Google Update Service (gupdate) service failed to start due to the following error:
%%2

Error: (11/05/2014 10:03:05 AM) (Source: Disk) (User: )
Description: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.

Error: (11/05/2014 10:03:04 AM) (Source: Disk) (User: )

Error: (11/05/2014 10:02:49 AM) (Source: e1kexpress) (User: )
Description: Intel® 82578DC Gigabit Network Connection

PROBLEM: Unable to start the network adapter.

ACTION: Install the latest driver from "http://www.intel.com/support/go/network/adapter/home.htm".

Error: (11/04/2014 11:20:28 AM) (Source: e1kexpress) (User: )
Description: Intel® 82578DC Gigabit Network Connection

PROBLEM: Unable to start the network adapter.

ACTION: Install the latest driver from "http://www.intel.com/support/go/network/adapter/home.htm".

Error: (11/04/2014 10:36:18 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The Google Update Service (gupdate) service failed to start due to the following error:
%%2

Error: (11/04/2014 10:34:04 AM) (Source: Disk) (User: )

Error: (11/04/2014 10:34:04 AM) (Source: Disk) (User: )

Microsoft Office Sessions:
=========================
Error: (11/05/2014 10:02:58 AM) (Source: NvStreamSvc)(User: )

Error: (11/04/2014 10:33:58 AM) (Source: NvStreamSvc)(User: )

CodeIntegrity Errors:
===================================
  Date: 2014-08-09 10:08:57.983
  Description: Windows is unable to verify the image integrity of the file \Device\HarddiskVolume2\ComboFix\catchme.sys because file hash could not be found on the system. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.

Date: 2014-08-09 10:08:57.905
  Description: Windows is unable to verify the image integrity of the file \Device\HarddiskVolume2\ComboFix\catchme.sys because file hash could not be found on the system. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.

Date: 2014-08-09 10:08:57.827

Date: 2014-08-09 10:08:57.749

Date: 2014-07-13 14:00:23.674

Date: 2014-07-13 14:00:23.604

Date: 2014-07-13 14:00:23.534

Date: 2014-07-13 14:00:23.474

Date: 2014-06-24 11:53:46.487

Date: 2014-06-24 11:53:46.427

=========================== Installed Programs ============================
µTorrent (HKCU\...\uTorrent) (Version: 3.4.2.34944 - BitTorrent Inc.)
7-Zip 9.20 (HKLM-x32\...\7-Zip) (Version:  - )
Adobe AIR (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe AIR) (Version: 14.0.0.178 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Adobe AIR (x32 Version: 14.0.0.178 - Adobe Systems Incorporated) Hidden
Adobe Flash Player 15 ActiveX (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe Flash Player ActiveX) (Version: 15.0.0.167 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Adobe Flash Player 15 Plugin (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe Flash Player Plugin) (Version: 15.0.0.152 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Adobe Reader XI (11.0.09) (HKLM-x32\...\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-AB0000000001}) (Version: 11.0.09 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Age of Wonders III (HKLM-x32\...\Steam App 226840) (Version:  - Triumph Studios)
Age of Wonders Shadow Magic (HKLM-x32\...\Age of Wonders Shadow Magic) (Version:  - )
AIM 7 (HKLM-x32\...\AIM_7) (Version:  - )
AoW... (HKLM-x32\...\AoWSM_UPatch) (Version:  - )
Battle.net (HKLM-x32\...\Battle.net) (Version:  - Blizzard Entertainment)
Brave New World v3.0 Beta (HKLM-x32\...\Brave New World v3.0 Beta) (Version:  - )
CameraHelperMsi (x32 Version: 13.51.815.0 - Logitech) Hidden
D3DX10 (x32 Version: 15.4.2368.0902 - Microsoft) Hidden
Dominions 3 (remove only) (HKLM-x32\...\Dominions3) (Version:  - )
Easy Burner (HKLM-x32\...\{520C2939-555B-40BF-A91B-8B671AB560EB}) (Version: 2.6027.00018 - Aedge Performance BCN SL)
erLT (x32 Version: 1.20.138.34 - Logitech, Inc.) Hidden
ESET Online Scanner v3 (HKLM-x32\...\ESET Online Scanner) (Version:  - )
Etherlords II (HKLM-x32\...\{76A40BFF-4998-4562-8593-117EC74807EC}) (Version:  - )
Etherlords II Map Editor (HKLM-x32\...\{FD851E6F-D099-4F3E-906C-14697356DA83}) (Version:  - )
EverQuest Titanium (HKLM-x32\...\{32714287-4234-412A-877B-D33AFABFDE2B}) (Version: 1.00.000 - )
Fast Browser (HKLM-x32\...\Chromium) (Version: 34.0.1848.0 - Fast Browser)
GameRanger (HKCU\...\GameRanger) (Version:  - GameRanger Technologies)
GIMP 2.8.8 (HKLM\...\GIMP-2_is1) (Version: 2.8.8 - The GIMP Team)
Google Chrome (HKLM-x32\...\Google Chrome) (Version: 35.0.1916.153 - Google Inc.)
Google Update Helper (x32 Version: 1.3.24.7 - Google Inc.) Hidden
Halo Combat Evolved (HKLM-x32\...\Halo Combat Evolved) (Version:  - )
HitmanPro 3.7 (HKLM\...\HitmanPro37) (Version: 3.7.9.225 - SurfRight B.V.)
ImgBurn (HKLM-x32\...\ImgBurn) (Version: 2.5.8.0 - LIGHTNING UK!)
Intel® Network Connections 19.1.51.0 (HKLM\...\PROSetDX) (Version: 19.1.51.0 - Intel)
Intel® Network Connections 19.1.51.0 (Version: 19.1.51.0 - Intel) Hidden
INTELLINET WLAN (HKLM-x32\...\{28DA7D8B-F9A4-4F18-8AA0-551B1E084D0D}) (Version: 1.5.5.0 - INTELLINET)
Java 7 Update 71 (HKLM-x32\...\{26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F03217071FF}) (Version: 7.0.710 - Oracle)
Java Auto Updater (x32 Version: 2.1.71.14 - Oracle, Inc.) Hidden
Junk Mail filter update (x32 Version: 16.4.3528.0331 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Kingsoft Office 2012 (8.1.0.3010) (HKLM-x32\...\Kingsoft Office) (Version: 8.1.0.3010 - Kingsoft Corp.)
Logitech Webcam Software (HKLM-x32\...\{D40EB009-0499-459c-A8AF-C9C110766215}) (Version: 2.51 - Logitech Inc.)
Lords of Magic Special Edition (HKLM-x32\...\Lords of Magic Special Edition) (Version:  - )
LWS Facebook (x32 Version: 13.50.854.0 - Logitech) Hidden
LWS Gallery (x32 Version: 13.51.827.0 - Logitech) Hidden
LWS Help_main (x32 Version: 13.51.828.0 - Logitech) Hidden
LWS Launcher (x32 Version: 13.51.828.0 - Logitech) Hidden
LWS Motion Detection (x32 Version: 13.51.815.0 - Logitech) Hidden
LWS Pictures And Video (x32 Version: 13.51.815.0 - Logitech) Hidden
LWS Twitter (x32 Version: 13.30.1346.0 - Logitech) Hidden
LWS Webcam Software (x32 Version: 13.51.815.0 - Logitech) Hidden
LWS WLM Plugin (x32 Version: 1.30.1201.0 - Logitech) Hidden
LWS YouTube Plugin (x32 Version: 13.31.1038.0 - Logitech) Hidden
Magic Workstation 0.94f (HKLM-x32\...\Magic Workstation_is1) (Version:  - Magic Technology)
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2.0.3.1025 (HKLM-x32\...\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware_is1) (Version: 2.0.3.1025 - Malwarebytes Corporation)
Marvell Miniport Driver (HKLM-x32\...\{C950420B-4182-49EA-850A-A6A2ABF06C6B}) (Version: 8.24.3.3 - Marvell)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 (HKLM\...\{92FB6C44-E685-45AD-9B20-CADF4CABA132} - 1033) (Version: 4.5.50938 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 (Version: 4.5.50938 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Application Error Reporting (Version: 12.0.6015.5000 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 4 Runtime (HKLM-x32\...\{3FE312D5-B862-40CE-8E4E-A6D8ABF62736}) (Version: 4.0.40804.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Security Client (Version: 4.6.0305.0 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Security Essentials (HKLM\...\Microsoft Security Client) (Version: 4.6.305.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Silverlight (HKLM\...\{89F4137D-6C26-4A84-BDB8-2E5A4BB71E00}) (Version: 5.1.30514.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (HKLM-x32\...\{710f4c1c-cc18-4c49-8cbf-51240c89a1a2}) (Version: 8.0.61001 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (HKLM-x32\...\{837b34e3-7c30-493c-8f6a-2b0f04e2912c}) (Version: 8.0.59193 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) (HKLM\...\{071c9b48-7c32-4621-a0ac-3f809523288f}) (Version: 8.0.56336 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) (HKLM\...\{ad8a2fa1-06e7-4b0d-927d-6e54b3d31028}) (Version: 8.0.61000 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 (HKLM-x32\...\{9A25302D-30C0-39D9-BD6F-21E6EC160475}) (Version: 9.0.30729 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 (HKLM-x32\...\{9BE518E6-ECC6-35A9-88E4-87755C07200F}) (Version: 9.0.30729.6161 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 (HKLM\...\{1D8E6291-B0D5-35EC-8441-6616F567A0F7}) (Version: 10.0.40219 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 (HKLM-x32\...\{F0C3E5D1-1ADE-321E-8167-68EF0DE699A5}) (Version: 10.0.40219 - Microsoft Corporation)
Might and Magic® VI (HKLM-x32\...\Might and Magic® VI) (Version:  - )
Might and Magic® VIII: Day of the Destroyer™ (HKLM-x32\...\Might and Magic® VIII: Day of the Destroyer™) (Version:  - )
Mozilla Firefox 33.0 (x86 en-US) (HKLM-x32\...\Mozilla Firefox 33.0 (x86 en-US)) (Version: 33.0 - Mozilla)
Mozilla Maintenance Service (HKLM-x32\...\MozillaMaintenanceService) (Version: 29.0.1 - Mozilla)
MSVCRT (x32 Version: 15.4.2862.0708 - Microsoft) Hidden
MSVCRT_amd64 (x32 Version: 15.4.2862.0708 - Microsoft) Hidden
MSVCRT110 (x32 Version: 16.4.1108.0727 - Microsoft) Hidden
MSVCRT110_amd64 (Version: 16.4.1109.0912 - Microsoft) Hidden
MTG Card Images for Magic Workstation (HKLM-x32\...\MTG Card Images for Magic Workstation_is1) (Version:  - )
MTG GamePack for Magic Workstation (HKLM-x32\...\MTG GamePack for Magic Workstation_is1) (Version:  - Magic Technology)
MultiBit 0.5.15 (HKLM-x32\...\MultiBit 0.5.15) (Version: 0.5.15 - )
Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete (HKLM-x32\...\GOGPACKNWN2COMPLETE_is1) (Version: 2.1.0.6 - GOG.com)
Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition (HKLM-x32\...\Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition_is1) (Version:  - GOG.com)
Notepad++ (HKLM-x32\...\Notepad++) (Version: 6.5.1 - Notepad++ Team)
NVIDIA 3D Vision Controller Driver 344.11 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_Display.NVIRUSB) (Version: 344.11 - NVIDIA Corporation)
NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver 344.11 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_Display.3DVision) (Version: 344.11 - NVIDIA Corporation)
NVIDIA Control Panel 344.11 (Version: 344.11 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
NVIDIA GeForce Experience 2.1.3 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_Display.GFExperience) (Version: 2.1.3 - NVIDIA Corporation)
NVIDIA GeForce Experience Service (Version: 16.13.56 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
NVIDIA Graphics Driver 344.11 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_Display.Driver) (Version: 344.11 - NVIDIA Corporation)
NVIDIA HD Audio Driver 1.3.32.1 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_HDAudio.Driver) (Version: 1.3.32.1 - NVIDIA Corporation)
NVIDIA Install Application (Version: 2.1002.162.1274 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
NVIDIA LED Visualizer 1.0 (Version: 1.0 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
NVIDIA Network Service (Version: 2.0 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
NVIDIA PhysX (x32 Version: 9.14.0702 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
NVIDIA PhysX System Software 9.14.0702 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_Display.PhysX) (Version: 9.14.0702 - NVIDIA Corporation)
NVIDIA ShadowPlay 16.13.56 (Version: 16.13.56 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver (x32 Version: 7.17.12.6514 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
NVIDIA Update 16.13.56 (Version: 16.13.56 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
NVIDIA Update Core (Version: 16.13.56 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
NVIDIA Virtual Audio 1.2.25 (Version: 1.2.25 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
REALTEK GbE & FE Ethernet PCI-E NIC Driver (HKLM-x32\...\{C9BED750-1211-4480-B1A5-718A3BE15525}) (Version: 1.00.0000 - Realtek)
Search Protect 1.0 (HKLM-x32\...\Search Protect) (Version: 1.0 - Search Protect)
SHIELD Streaming (Version: 3.1.1000 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
SHIELD Wireless Controller Driver (Version: 16.13.56 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
Sierra Utilities (HKLM-x32\...\Sierra Utilities) (Version:  - )
Skype™ 6.21 (HKLM-x32\...\{24991BA0-F0EE-44AD-9CC8-5EC50AECF6B7}) (Version: 6.21.104 - Skype Technologies S.A.)
StarCraft II (HKLM-x32\...\StarCraft II) (Version:  - Blizzard Entertainment)
Steam (HKLM-x32\...\Steam) (Version:  - Valve Corporation)
Stronghold Crusader (HKLM-x32\...\{8C3727F2-8E37-49E4-820C-03B1677F53B6}) (Version:  - )
Stronghold HD (HKLM-x32\...\{C917BA70-28A3-4C74-B163-41FD8C8E1A5A}) (Version: 1.30.0003 - Firefly Studios)
SUPERAntiSpyware (HKLM\...\{CDDCBBF1-2703-46BC-938B-BCC81A1EEAAA}) (Version: 5.7.1026 - SUPERAntiSpyware.com)
swMSM (x32 Version: 12.0.0.1 - Adobe Systems, Inc) Hidden
TeamViewer 9 (HKLM-x32\...\TeamViewer 9) (Version: 9.0.24482 - TeamViewer)
VLC media player (HKLM-x32\...\VLC media player) (Version: 2.1.5 - VideoLAN)
Windows Live Communications Platform (x32 Version: 16.4.3528.0331 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Windows Live Essentials (HKLM-x32\...\WinLiveSuite) (Version: 16.4.3528.0331 - Microsoft Corporation)
Windows Live Essentials (x32 Version: 16.4.3528.0331 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant (Version: 7.250.4311.0 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Windows Live Installer (x32 Version: 16.4.3528.0331 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Windows Live Mail (x32 Version: 16.4.3528.0331 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Windows Live MIME IFilter (Version: 16.4.3528.0331 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Windows Live Photo Common (x32 Version: 16.4.3528.0331 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Windows Live PIMT Platform (x32 Version: 16.4.3528.0331 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Windows Live SOXE (x32 Version: 16.4.3528.0331 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Windows Live SOXE Definitions (x32 Version: 16.4.3528.0331 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Windows Live UX Platform (x32 Version: 16.4.3528.0331 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Windows Live UX Platform Language Pack (x32 Version: 16.4.3528.0331 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Windows Live Writer (x32 Version: 16.4.3528.0331 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Windows Live Writer Resources (x32 Version: 16.4.3528.0331 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
WinRAR 4.20 (32-bit) (HKLM-x32\...\WinRAR archiver) (Version: 4.20.0 - win.rar GmbH)
Wondershare Player(Build 1.5.0) (HKLM-x32\...\Wondershare Player_is1) (Version: 1.5.0.3 - Wondershare)
Wondershare Video Editor(Build 3.1.4) (HKLM-x32\...\Wondershare Video Editor_is1) (Version:  - Wondershare Software)
XTube Uploader (HKLM-x32\...\com.xtube.airuploader) (Version: 0.4.17 - UNKNOWN)
XTube Uploader (x32 Version: 0.4.17 - UNKNOWN) Hidden

========================= Memory info: ===================================

Percentage of memory in use: 24%
Total physical RAM: 8183.12 MB
Available physical RAM: 6182.88 MB
Total Pagefile: 16364.41 MB
Available Pagefile: 13635.61 MB
Total Virtual: 4095.88 MB
Available Virtual: 3971.98 MB

========================= Partitions: =====================================

1 Drive c: () (Fixed) (Total:698.54 GB) (Free:76.08 GB) NTFS
2 Drive d: (NW_DIAMOND) (CDROM) (Total:2.56 GB) (Free:0 GB) CDFS
3 Drive e: (TOSHIBA EXT) (Fixed) (Total:465.66 GB) (Free:225.8 GB) NTFS

========================= Users: ========================================

User accounts for \\CYBERPOWER

Administrator            Dustin                   Guest                    

========================= Minidump Files ==================================

No minidump file found

========================= Restore Points ==================================

21-10-2014 14:35:02 Windows Update
21-10-2014 14:37:18 Installed Java 7 Update 71
25-10-2014 15:36:53 Windows Update
30-10-2014 16:42:17 Windows Update
02-11-2014 18:45:32 Windows Update

**** End of log ****

Farbar Service Scanner Version: 21-07-2014
Ran by Dustin (administrator) on 05-11-2014 at 22:58:35
Running from "C:\Users\Dustin\Downloads"
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate  Service Pack 1 (X64)
Boot Mode: Normal

Internet Services:
============

Connection Status:
==============
Localhost is accessible.
LAN connected.
Google IP is accessible.
Google.com is accessible.
Yahoo.com is accessible.

Windows Firewall:
=============

Firewall Disabled Policy:
==================

System Restore:
============

System Restore Disabled Policy:
========================

Action Center:
============

Windows Update:
============

Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy:
============================

Windows Defender:
==============
WinDefend Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand. The default start type is Auto.
The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK.
The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK.

Windows Defender Disabled Policy:
==========================
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender]
"DisableAntiSpyware"=DWORD:1

Other Services:
==============

File Check:
========
C:\Windows\System32\nsisvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nsiproxy.sys => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\dhcpcore.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\afd.sys => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tdx.sys => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\tcpip.sys => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\dnsrslvr.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\mpssvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\bfe.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mpsdrv.sys => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\SDRSVC.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\vssvc.exe => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\wscsvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\wbem\WMIsvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\wuaueng.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\qmgr.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\es.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\cryptsvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpSvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\ipnathlp.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\iphlpsvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\rpcss.dll => File is digitally signed

**** End of log ****

#9 XanatosNemos

XanatosNemos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:00 PM

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.89  
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (UAC is enabled)  
 Internet Explorer 11  
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
 Windows Firewall Enabled!  
Microsoft Security Essentials   
 Antivirus up to date!  
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
 Java 7 Update 71  
 Java version out of Date!
 Adobe Flash Player 15.0.0.152  
 Adobe Reader XI  
 Mozilla Firefox (33.0)
 Google Chrome 35.0.1916.114  
 Google Chrome 35.0.1916.153  
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````  
 Microsoft Security Essentials MSMpEng.exe
 Microsoft Security Essentials msseces.exe
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
 Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 0%
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

#10 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,161 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:37 AM

Hi XanatosNemos.

We need to remove some programs with Revo Uninstaller Free:

Note: Revo Uninstaller is more thorough in deleting programs on your computer than using the Add/Remove option in Windows. Since it is a more powerful tool, please be sure to follow the instructions carefully.
Note: If the program you want to uninstall is not listed by Revo, let me know and we will try an altenate method of removal.

• Please download and install Revo Uninstaller Free
    note: there is no need to click anything on that page, the download will start automatically
  • Double click Revo Uninstaller to run it
  • From the list of programs double click on the listed program(s), or anything similar, to remove it:
    Fast Browser
    SearchProtect 1.0
  • When prompted if you want to uninstall click Yes
  • Be sure the Moderate option is selected then click Next
  • The program will run, If prompted again click Yes
  • The built-in uninstaller will start, please going through uninstall process carefully.
  • When the built-in uninstaller is finished click on Next
  • Once the program has searched for leftovers click Next
  • Check the items in bold only on the list then click Delete
    note: you may have to expand some folders by clicking the "+" mark
  • When prompted click on Yes and then on Next
  • Put a check on any folders that are found and select Delete
  • When prompted select Yes then Next
  • Once done click Finish

------------------

After you removed above programs, please run a scan with Malwarebytes again and post the log file here. Did safesearch comes back this time?

Thank you.

#11 XanatosNemos

XanatosNemos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:54 PM

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 11/6/2014
Scan Time: 4:37:05 PM
Logfile:
Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.00.3.1025
Malware Database: v2014.11.06.09
Rootkit Database: v2014.11.01.02
License: Free
Malware Protection: Disabled
Malicious Website Protection: Disabled
Self-protection: Disabled

CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: Dustin

Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 383614
Time Elapsed: 9 min, 14 sec

Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Disabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Warn
PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 0

Registry Values: 0

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 0

Files: 0

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

#12 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,161 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:13 AM

Hi XanatosNemos.

So safesearch didn't return now?

I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan

• Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png
      icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    • Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.

Thank you.

#13 XanatosNemos

XanatosNemos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:27 AM

it did return, still there

#14 XanatosNemos

XanatosNemos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:27 PM

C:\$RECYCLE.BIN\S-1-5-21-2389574037-1163804358-3595548514-1000\$RAE8TB0\dsetup.dll    a variant of Win32/Packed.Themida potentially unwanted application    deleted - quarantined
C:\EverQuest Red99\dsetup.dll    a variant of Win32/Packed.Themida potentially unwanted application    deleted - quarantined
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\dsetup.dll    a variant of Win32/Packed.Themida potentially unwanted application    deleted (after the next restart) - quarantined
C:\Users\Dustin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\3YFO7PZS\max[1].exe    Win32/EnableBHO.A potentially unwanted application    deleted - quarantined
C:\Users\Dustin\Downloads\P99Files33\dsetup.dll    a variant of Win32/Packed.Themida potentially unwanted application    deleted - quarantined
E:\EverQuest Red99\dsetup.dll    a variant of Win32/Packed.Themida potentially unwanted application    deleted - quarantined

#15 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,161 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:50 AM

Hi XanatosNemos.

On which browser you found it? Firefox and Internet Explorer?

Please check all your Browsers shortcuts on your desktop and in start menu. Right click at the shortcut > Properties > then in the Target box if it contains something about safesear.ch please erase the URL out, leaving only target to the executable.

Example: If you see "C:\Program Files(x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" http://safesear.ch/something

Delete safesearch entry in bold, leaving only things in quotes.

If you have any browser shortcut pinned on your taskbar please remove them and repin them again.

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users