Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PrOShoppEr, redirects, pop-ups, highlighted text

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 rantzay

rantzay

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:10 AM

Hello

First I apologize for the lack of DDS file.  I downloaded the requested program, but when i try to run it, I get a message that says "Cannot run in compatibility mode" and then closes.  I have not found a work around for this.

I have Malwarebytes, Revo uninstaller, HijackThis and Adware cleaner.  My kids occasionally use my computer and i run these programs to remove some of the crap that occasionally gets installed.  Unfortunately, I am fairly certain that I downloaded the current round of issues.

Proshopper has been driving me nuts with ads, highlighted text and small pop-ups. Additionally, I am getting a series of pop-up in the top center of my screen that inform me of various programs supposedly not updated or somehow broken or infected.  Some of them redirect, don't allow me to navigate way, or simply won't go away.  I can usually get by them by hitting the X for stop downloading several times.

I have run Malwarebytes, Revo, HijackThis and Adware Cleaner.  Proshopper came up on Revo and Malwarebytes, but despite the removals, it's functioning in my browser and I'm still getting the pop-ups.

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated!  Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rantzay

rantzay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:30 PM

ran another round of Malwarebytes and Adware Cleaner.  No more recurring issues. Everything seems to be working well. 

#3 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:23 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users