Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC battery not Charging while PC is on

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Goddammy

Goddammy

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:48 AM

What can one do to resolve a PC battery not charging while PC is on but charges while it is off?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaz20

kaz20

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:18 AM

may just need a new battery

#3 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:31 PM

What can one do to resolve a PC battery not charging while PC is on but charges while it is off?

Okay I seen some battery issues before but let me get this straight, you are SURE that the battery charges while on but when off (and still plugged in) it doesn't? So for instance pretty much all laptop have a light for the battery so when it's being charged that light is lit. You see this light when the PC is on and supposedly charging? If yes, do you see the same light when the laptop is off?

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

#4 Goddammy

Goddammy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

It charges while it is off but fails to charge while it is on...it doesn't even come up if i plug the charger without the battery.

#5 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:46 PM

It charges while it is off but fails to charge while it is on...it doesn't even come up if i plug the charger without the battery.

Oh I seen that before. Most times it was the battery. On rare occasions it was the systemboard and on one occasion it was the power adapter. I would research a battery replacement if you are interested in keeping this battery for at least one more year. 

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

#6 Goddammy

Goddammy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:51 PM

Sorry, i didn't get that quite well...

#7 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:02 PM

Sorry, i didn't get that quite well...

Most likely it's the battery but won't know till you try. If you aren't going to keep it for a year or more it's not cost effective. 

***Note***

#8 Goddammy

Goddammy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:10 PM

Okay, got it. Thanks

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:52 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

How old is the battery in question?

How can to tell if the battery is being charged when the computer is off?

Have you replaced the power adapter?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#10 Goddammy

Goddammy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:27 AM

HP G6000, the battery is about 18months old...the "battery charging" indicator-light comes on When it's charging while it's off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users