Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Text editor ...for use in BC forums !!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:05 PM

SO......what does everyone use ??

Whatever Gringo uses must be good !!   he has amassed over 130,000 posts, so what ever he uses would need to be bulletproof and simple !!

Upon surveying the 'lord knows how many results' on google...i am left with the conclusion that if I am a certified brain surgeon i just might be able to figure them out....

I am looking for something that will of course accept bb code, and will highlight in all the various colors, and print in bold etc etc.....that is obviously a given...but also has some sort of simple structure whereby the canned "speeches: can be kept in the program itself and maybe be bought up by simply typing some text.....eg....mbam would bring up Malwarebytes and all other speeches associated with it...

I want to be able to write a "speech" containing links and instructions for the various tools used in the AII area, be able to store that speech, be able to edit that speech, and have plenty of room to organize the speeches into some semblance of order.

As you can see I am groping in the dark here....I have little/no experience with this type of thing.

So, all suggestions are welcome and will be looked at with interest.

Any detail as to why you think a certain program is well suited to this forum eg, simplicity, etc etc, will be perused with great interest.

Brian

ps.....Yes, i will even pay money for the right program.......so 'free' is not a necessity....(it would be nice of course....)

Edited : Spelling

Edited by Condobloke, 16 October 2014 - 09:00 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:01 AM

I use bbEditor - (BC Download) in conjunction with TinySpell portable free spell checker.

Along with extensions like CoLT :: Add-ons for Firefox and a  good screen capture extension :: Add-ons for Firefox, or a good screen capture application makes life easier.  Helps to have a clip board manager too.

Still lets me make plenty of mistakes though, so not a bulletproof set up.  No brain surgery required before use, maybe after.

#3 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 992 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:00 PM

A person with a little bit of BASIC programming skill could write an editor to produce such code to tag selections of text.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users