Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

weird vibrating noise inside computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 metalupyourmax

metalupyourmax

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:23 PM

Today I started up my pc as normal, but after about 20 seconds of being on, a vibrating noise comes on inside the computer, sort of like a cable is skimming a fan or a vibrating piece of something is being obstructed. The sound only comes after the computer boots to login screen and from waht i can tell, its from a fan, although thats just a guess. I opened up my computer and wiggle around the cables so they were clear of everything and checked all the fans, which are all solid and not wobbling or blocked. AFter this, i still had the same sound. I have a video of the sound, it would help to watch the whole video because the sound does vary throught the video, and at the end the computer shuts off. I narrowed it down to the fan in the back of the computer (not psu, cpu or gpu fan) becasue when the sound goes away when the computer shuts off, it is in sync with that rear fan stopping its rotation. thanks for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:47 PM

Hi,

Have you tried disconnecting that fan and running the system - at least for a short time to test your theory?

Keep us posted

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 metalupyourmax

metalupyourmax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:04 PM

Thanks for the reply. Shortly after, i just left the computer off for a while and wiggled a few more wires connecting to the fan, as well as cleaned a bit of dust and the computer was back to normal. I appreciate the help.

Max

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

Glad to hear all is well

We'll be here when you need us. Til then

Stay well and surf safe