Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird problem occuring with my 3G Data card software

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ernovace

Ernovace

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:32 AM

Before I mention my problem, I want to clarify that this is a new incident. The program used to work perfectly before.

I use a USB 3G Datacard. Specifically Huawei E303F/E303FH/E303FH-1. The weird problem (which is a bit difficult to put in words) that occurs is, when I open up the software (Mobile Partner.exe) to connect to the internet and then start working on other programs, the software window always gets put in front. Like how in task manager, there is an option "bring to front". But this software has an automatic "bring to front". Even if I minimize the application (which makes it go in system tray), still my other apps get deselected.

Like if I try typing something in notepad, it doesn't let me type continuosly. It always deselects the notepad window and I have to select the notepad and start typing again. And the intervals which it allows me to write, are very short. So it is kind of frustrating.

But as soon as I close the application, everything goes back to normal.

I scanned with malwarebytes and also the Microsoft Securty Essentials, but I see no virus or anything.

Also because of it, my CPU usage starts shooting upto 25% which normally stays under 5%. It also sometimes takes upto 400 MB memory, which I don't know is normal or not.

Edit : Currently using 1.2 GB RAM. I definitely think it is not normal.

Edited by Ernovace, 16 October 2014 - 12:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users