Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer infected

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 RHept

RHept

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:34 PM

On 10/11/2014 i noticed my computer being slow, I checked Task Manager and noticed that "explorer.exe" was running multiple Images and taking up insane amounts of memory and when I ended the one taking up the most memory a new one started and quickly increased its memory usage until the computer was unusable, when i closed every single one. It started creating A lot of "dllhost.exe" images. 

Now every time i restart my computer a txt document opens and chrome opens and displays this stupid website asking me to pay them in bitcoins (not a chance in hell im going to pay): http://paytordmbdekmizq.tor4pay.com/sUeoU4.

After seeing this i ran Malwarebytes and removed 73 Objects, then ran a full scan with AVG 2015, but didn't find anything. i also went through my hard drive  looking for suspicious programs and removed them.

Today after downloading the dds tool it only game me one log instead of the two, the attach.txt one i ran the tool again and in the tskmgr window and in the description of "dds.exe" it says "DDS, Doesnt do squat" .

So in conclusion i believe i am totally screwed and will end up having to wipe the hard drive& reformat it, along with buying a copy of Windows 7, please help me avoid this...

Attached File  Attach.txt   911bytes   1 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RHept

RHept
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:13 PM

I got tired of not being able to use this computer so i just went and found my product key and downloaded windows 7 onto a flash drive and reinstalled.

#3 Jo*

Jo*

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,453 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:07 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

Graduate of the WTT Classroom
Cheers,
Jo
If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 36 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users