Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RegSvr32 alert on start up

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 BrySwy

BrySwy

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

every time i restart my computer i get 2 pop up messages for the same issue does anyone know what it means or how to fix it ive attached and image Attached File  regsvr32.JPG   31.76KB   1 downloads

"My brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which we retain knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know that it exists." -NIKOLA TESLA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,958 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:26 PM

Type Run in the Search box and start it. Type Msconfig > Okay. Under the Startup tab are there any odd ball entries or anything showing regsrv?

#3 BrySwy

BrySwy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:37 PM

i see 2 entries that contain "regsvr32" both are under 2 of the startup items that all say "microsoft windows operating system"

"My brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which we retain knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know that it exists." -NIKOLA TESLA

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,958 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:40 PM

Can you post a screenshot of the the 2 startup items?

#5 BrySwy

BrySwy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:44 PM

Attached File  startup.JPG   69.5KB   0 downloads heres the screen shot

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,958 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:49 PM

When expanding the Command bar to the right, is there any that list regsrv in the command line. For those two items that show Regsrv, please post the Registry key of each.

Edited by JohnC_21, 15 October 2014 - 05:49 PM.

#7 BrySwy

BrySwy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:59 PM

i dont see anything that looks like a registry key the only thing i see in the command line is C:\Windows\System32\regsve32.exe   and the other simply reads     regsvr32.exe

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,958 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:04 PM

In the image you posted, see "Location" That is the Registry key I was asking for. It would start with HKCU

#9 BrySwy

BrySwy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:10 PM

sorry heres an image of what is next to both Attached File  regkey.JPG   13.94KB   0 downloads

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,958 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:14 PM

Uncheck the two items showing regsrv and restart the computer. You may get a dialog box after startup.

#11 BrySwy

BrySwy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:22 PM

well i restarted the system and nothing popped up this time like it normally does so i think what ever that was stopped the problem

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,958 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:28 PM

Okay, you can either keep them unchecked or recheck them and delete those items in the registry if you are comfortable doing that. Otherwise, just leave it alone.

#13 BrySwy

BrySwy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:31 PM

alright cool thanks a ton for your help

#14 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,958 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:36 PM

Your Welcome. Just to play it safe, it may be a good idea to do a scan with Malwarebytes and HitmanPro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users