Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limited Bandwidth Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CroBatman

CroBatman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:55 PM

My school has a limited bandwidth of 10mb/s. I use a wired connection and I am very into the game League of Legends but I cannot play it on my newly built system for some reason. The game's ping is the problem. The ping goes up and down the entire time I am on. I have nothing else open other than my VPN program but that is not the problem. I have a laptop as well that runs normally, using the same VPN, when I play so I am not sure if there is something that I did not download when I build the system or what but I have been having too many issues with ping. When I am home there are no problems.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:19 PM

I'd suggest making sure that you have the current drivers for your network card.  Since it works fine on the laptop.  It may also be an issue with your VPN provider.  Are you going through the same location on both machines?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users