Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WIN 7 boot fails. Driver ahcix64s corrupt. Restore fails --registry.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HelpSeeker

HelpSeeker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:10 PM

I read that ahcix64s is an AMD driver. Download from AMD gives me 153MB of files.  I don't know how to isolate and transfer the needed file to the PC that will not run Windows 7.  

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

My PC is an HP a6750f, with integrated Radeon HD 3200 graphics; Windows 7 (upgraded from Vista)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cv2000

cv2000

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:39 PM

Hi,

I had the exact same problem today with my HP after installing the latest Microsoft Updates. Luckily I found an other version of the ahcix64s file on my hard-drive.

If you can somehow boot into command prompt or use the Windows Recovery Console - rename the current ahcix64s.sys file to something else and copy the other ahcix64s.sys in it's place.

Computer boots perfectly now.

#3 jaydee77ca

jaydee77ca

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:21 AM

Hi,

I have encountered this same issue after installing the latest windows update. My computer won't boot complaining that ahcix64s.sys is corrupt. Where did you find the other ahcix64s.sys file on your hard drive?

Thanks!

#4 cv2000

cv2000

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:27 AM

it's in the SWSETUP folder that comes with HP computers. c:\swsetup

open up a command prompt window, and type in "dir ahcix64s.sys /s"  without quotation marks

it will find you every copy of the file on your hard drive.

#5 jaydee77ca

jaydee77ca

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

Oh. I don't have an HP computer :/ I'll try that search and see if it finds it somewhere else. Thanks!

#6 cv2000

cv2000

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:47 AM

I can upload a copy of it but not sure if it will work. Are you using Win7 Home or Pro?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users