Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spywarequake

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 saecocannondale

saecocannondale

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 11 June 2006 - 11:01 PM

My computer became infected with SpywareQuake. I followed the steps in this guide:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/47826/how-to-remove-spywarequaked-and-spywarequake-removal-instructions/

Unfortunately, I am still getting taskbar security warnings. This is what I have in the task.txt file:

Export SharedTaskScheduler key
------------------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler]
"{438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1}"="Browseui preloader"
"{8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030}"="Component Categories cache daemon"

Any help anyone could provide is greatly appreciated. I am running Windows XP Home.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Harry83

Harry83

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2006 - 01:29 AM

When you ran RunThis.bat in the SmitRem folder, was your computer in safe mode? Try doing steps 10-20 in the tutorial again. Be sure that your computer is in Safe Mode for steps 13-18.

How to reboot in safe mode:

Reboot into safe mode:
Restart the computer
Immediately begin tapping the key.
Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode and press the key.

If this doesn't work then I suggest posting a HijackThis log in the HJT Logs and Analysis Forum. Here is a link to that Forum:

HJT Forum

Please follow the preparation directions and try not to alter your system until you receive help from one of our HJT Team Members. The preparation directions are found at the following link:

Prep Guide for Posting HJT Logs

Please note: Do not try to fix any problems with HJT yourself. This is an advanced tool and requires expert analysis.

I hope this helps you out!
--
Harry83
Posted Image
Liberating America From Spyware - 1 Computer at a time...

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,471 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:49 AM

I don't know when you downloaded and ran Roguescanfix. This tool was just updated today to include more variants so follow the previous instructions you used and run it gain.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users