Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Horrible Malware Crippling my PC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vesolac

vesolac

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:36 AM

Hey guys, I'm new around here, was wondering if you could give me a bit of help.

Today my computer seems to have contracted some dreadful virus which is absolutely crippling it.

It has erased all System Restore points and even blocked System Restore from opening until I rebooted into safe mode and accessed it from there. I was using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium, but the virus has repeatedly killed the process and there is no way of starting the software, even when attempting to use the "Chameleon" feature which is supposed to start MWB without alerting malware.

So I tried using RogueKiller, and a bunch of other software but to not avail -- I can't seem to find the malware and kill it.

So I tried installing Avast! Antivirus Premium (on a 30day trial) via a USB stick, but the malware also seems to be blocking USBs from being detected by the computer -- I even tried using a USB-passthrough on my keyboard, but that then knocked the keyboard out as well.

The malware cripples the PC to the point where it is absurdly slow, which it really shouldn't be given my components -- 4.8GHz i7-3770K, 12GB 1600MHz RAM, custom liquid cooling loop.

The computer normally runs smooth as butter, but I can't seem to get it to do anything lately. When I try to do too much at once it throws BSODs at me.

Whether I boot into Safe Mode or not, I can't seem to fight it.

Any help?

Best Regards,

Ryan

Edited by vesolac, 15 October 2014 - 06:42 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dragon-fly

Dragon-fly

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

I'm having the same problem for over a week now. Malware is killing my machine. I've downloaded every malware killer on this website to no avail. Would love some suggestions. AVG shows no viruses. Anti-malware software removes one or two things and then shows me clean. One click and I'm right back to hijacked. I'm at my wits end.

Thanks in advance,

Jeanie

#3 vesolac

vesolac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:41 PM

Hey Dragon-fly, I managed to resolve the issue myself, here are the steps I took:

http://support.kaspersky.com/8092

Then once you've done that:

http://support.kaspersky.com/8097

Took all night and most of the morning to finish scanning and then clean the PC but it removed whatever it was that was crippling my computer.

Good luck.

#4 Dragon-fly

Dragon-fly

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:45 AM

Hey Dragon-fly, I managed to resolve the issue myself, here are the steps I took:

http://support.kaspersky.com/8092

Then once you've done that:

http://support.kaspersky.com/8097

Took all night and most of the morning to finish scanning and then clean the PC but it removed whatever it was that was crippling my computer.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info....still having the problem and have not had any quality time to deal with it....going to take that time tonight and try your steps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users