Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware setting up a proxy and preventing me from disabling it

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 phollicle

phollicle

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:58 PM

Hey guys, I apologize in advance, but I want to let you guys know I am not tech-savvy whatsoever; I fell upon this forum by google searching repeatedly on issues my computer is having; Anyway, I think I have cornered down the problem;

I am unable to connect to the internet with my desktop (all other devices in my house are able to connect)

chrome, IE, etc etc are all giving me the error that they "could not connect to the proxy"

I go into my browser settings to disable the proxy which I never set up, and, it is automatically re-enabled; Obviously I have malware of some kind;

I have ran hitman 64bit, malwarebytes, and neither of them succeeded; I was reading multiple threads on this forum from people who were having the same issue and noticed that the mods/"consultants" here were asking them to have some kind of scanner run and create a log for them to see; I also noticed the solutions they offered were specific to the OP's computer, and thus, could not be used by others reading.

So, I have created this thread in hopes that someone can help me. Just tell me what to do and ill get right on it!

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help;

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phollicle

phollicle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:00 PM

Also, I have a dell desktop with a preinstalled version of windows;

The F**** joke of a "reset/recovery" disc made in windows 8 doesnt work; I have created a repair disc using the program in windows 8, and, when I try to use it, it tells me the "media is not valid"

I have also looked up my product key using belclair or something like that, and went to microsoft's website, only for them to reject the product key in a new installation of windows;

therefore, I can not do a clean install of windows 8; I am bleep out of luck here with dell and microsoft and it seems my only option is getting rid of this malware myself;

#3 phollicle

phollicle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:02 PM

sorry double post*

Edited by phollicle, 14 October 2014 - 10:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users